Deathwatch Blog

Ok I have to admit I have been lurking on the site for quite a while and have seen some quite frankly amazing projects. I thought it was about time I took the plunge and joined the site!

Before I begin I must stress that this blog will be extremley slowly updated, this is due to work and family commitments so patience is apreciated!

I have been a part of the hobby for 19 years!!!! and despite constant complaining from my wife about howe much room my collection of tin men (as she calls them lol) are taking up in the house. I consider myself a hardcore hobbyiest and a self confessed space marine nut! After recentley completeing an exasusting pre heresy Death Guard commision I have decided to take some time out from doing armies for other people and do an army I have been planning for 2 years..................Deathwatch. Now the list, I am not a tournement player, I play for fun! I have put this list together to fit in with the fluff I have read to represent the forces that are based within one of the Deathwatches Watch fortresses.

HQ

Watch Commander - Artificer armour, some sort of power weapon (depends on which chapter I choose for his background), bolt pistol

Watch Captain - Terminator Armour, Power fist, Storm bolter

I have included both a watch captain and commander as I wanted to make a terminator and power armoured version for my HQ. This gives me the option of representing both from seperate chapters and will allow me to personalise each, as well as giving me different options for my HQ!

Troops

x 2 Tactical squads

1 Combat Squad

1 scout sqaud -From reading the deathwatch roleplay book, the chapter does on occasion accept scouts into its ranks, but only those that have proven themselves exceptional xenos fighters.

Elites

Terminator Sqaud

trasnport

2 rhinos & 2 drop pods (depends what mood im in as to what I will field)

I will also be constructing some suitably themed objective markers and would like peoples suggestions!!!! I appreciate that the army will not feature many models 37 to be precise! but I plan on converting each to indvidulise them. I hope to begin wrk soon and shall update pictures of my progress. CandC wellcome!

let dem pictures come man !

your concept sounds promising, looking forward to it . I dont really remember but was a deathwatch army list at some point in a far past in the WD ?

You read the rorleplay book and i guess the indey astartes article, so your on the right track regarding the fluff :confused:

Ok I started work this morning and before I knew what had happend I had made, primed and started painting my commander tactical squad and combat squad! the pics are not great quality as had to use my phone (the camera is at my in laws).

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m489/mastermonkey3/photos029.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m489/mastermonkey3/photos028.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m489/mastermonkey3/photos028-1.jpg

I decided to get started on the silver plated arms and get all the details and highlights sorted, this leaves me free to take my time on each chapter pauldren when i next sit down to paint! There has been some slight alterations to my list however, I have dropped the watch captain in power armour in favour of a librarian. This is simlyle for cosmettic reasons and i mean how could i not have you seen this piture!!!

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m489/mastermonkey3/librarian.png

I have bought my self the now old metal (damn you finecast!) librarian model with the force sword and bolt pistol,

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m489/mastermonkey3/metalLibrarian.jpg

and will simple attach the plastic left arm with bolt pistol from the asault squad frame and one of the inqustion paldrens from the command swaud frame. the end result I'm hoping will be very simalar to the picture.

I also read something rather intresting in the deathwatch roleplay book, on occasion a space marine will present himself to a watch commander. His armour black with no chapter heraldry displayed, are these marines the sole surviviors of a destroyed chapter? or former heritics that wish to repent for thier evil deeds? This only happens once or twice every hundred years according to the fluff but it got me thinking possible sternguard/vanguard squad composed of former traitor marines? I have bought a vanguard squad this afternoon and plan on making 5 former traitors some from the more famous traitor legions of the horus heresy and some from more recent renages such as the red corsairs. Just wondered what you guys thought of the idea???

On a side note I finnaly recived the final bits for another project im planning the raptors, a second founding succsessor chapter of the raven guard. I will put pics up in conjunction with my deathwatch. This is to coinside with a badab war campaign I have joined and I hope to convert th Raptros Chapter master

Archived