Chaos Dreadknight (DP w/ wings)

I wanted to create a thread just for the rest of this guy's build so it wouldn't get clogged with the pics from the rest of the Chaos force. As soon as I saw a marine MC, I wanted to turn it into all sorts of other stuff; a knight class titan with the addition of sentinel parts and a human pilot, a looted deff dred operated by a nasty lookin' warboss, etc. I most wanted to try a daemon prince because tons of people were going to do that and I thought I could pull off a unique spin on it, so here it is.

I've got most of the parts sorted, greenstuff mostly done, and most of the pose work taken care of. There are some hard to reach places, so I'm going to paint before final assembly, but I wanted to get some feedback on the DP as it stands. Stuck together with blu-tac and bent paperclip clamps, here she is. Lelith isn't quite in the right pose because the model kept wanting to lean forward, and the chain that will eventually go from her hands to the harness sockets that hold the marine in normally aren't present yet.

gallery_53700_4877_92186.jpg

gallery_53700_4877_890905.jpg

gallery_53700_4877_905685.jpg

gallery_53700_4877_82686.jpg

gallery_53700_4877_331140.jpg

gallery_53700_4877_955035.jpg

The blu-tac wasn't quite sturdy enough to keep both of the swords in position, but this last shot is closer to what I'm aiming for. I want her doing the blade on blade scrape trying to scare the crap out of the followers of the false emperor before she chops them to teeny tiny bits. Since it's got a bit of a mech feel, I didn't want actual wings, so I thought the giant jump-pack complete with big daemon-face intake was enough to work. Some or all of the leg plates will make an appearance on the final model with the words filed off, filled in, and the contours smoothed out via sanding sponge.

Thoughts and comments welcome.

Archived