Crimson Fist WIP Log

Glad to see you back, man! I was wondering where you've been at. The Crimson Fists are looking great, the simple scheme actually makes them pop moreso than one covered in bits and pieces.

Gotta say though, I miss your Alpha Legion...

@1000Heathens: Ya man, thanks. I managed to get burried at school so the hobby kind of got put on the back burner. Now that Summer has started up (for some), I've got boat loads of free time to devote to it. I also kind of feel like the Alpha Legion project got pushed aside but when I got back I just felt like startin up something new. I probably will, at some point, go back to workin' on them.

ooooo.. awesome, you know if done right, freehand always looks wayyy better then decals. Awesome work, nice clean blue coats, crisp highlights, and I also LOVE (Bob Ross style) the way you assemble and paint. Good god, on my next batch of marines, I'm going to do the torso/legs and backpack routine. I've always seemed to fail at semi assembly then painting. But I can see it working here really nice. Sigh, I'm wondering if I can get this same affect with my Dark Angels without them looking like they were rejects from the cutting room floor of the 1st TRON movie Lol. :teehee:

p.s. Can't wait to see a banner or something from you.

@Miniaturepainter: Thanks man! Yeah, it was actually on this project that I started assembling them that way; I used to just assemble the legs and torso, but always found the backpack a bit of an annoyance so I decided to slap it on there too. As far as something lke a banner goes, I do want one but it's not as much at the top of the list right now. I'm definetly gonna be getting some freeehand on to my rhinos though :D. Thanks!

Dude these are the best Crimson Fist's I have EVER seen!!!! I really like them! Kudos to you for the free hand when is is just as easy (& quicker) to get yourself the Crimson Fists shoulder pads from GW. I really like your blue, dang I like all of it!!!!

@Dorns_padawan: Dang man! Thanks a lot for that. I've always kind of liked hand painting icons as opposed to getting the sculpted/ engraved shoulderpads because I was never a fan of how far the symbols jut out of the pad. Thanks :tu:!

Hey guys! I did'nt get much work on these guys done today because I had quite a bit of stuff to do. But I managed to get the torso/ legs/ backpack portions just about done, so I figure they will easily be finished up tomorrow. I'll, of course, be sure to post pictures. Let me know if any of ya'll have any questions :D. Thanks for lookin'!

gallery_47732_6193_667529.jpg

Thanks Mr. Malevolent. Just finished 2 more of ma boys. I decided to make one of them a little bit more "standout-ish" so he can lead one combat squad if I decide to break the 10 man squad up. Anywho, the pictures:

gallery_47732_6193_686766.jpg

gallery_47732_6193_723816.jpg

gallery_47732_6193_307089.jpg

gallery_47732_6193_77524.jpg

And a nice shot of what I've managed to get done so far; still alottttttt left to do B)

gallery_47732_6193_788292.jpg

Anyways, thanks for looking and ya'll know I love hearing the C&C! ^_^

Dude I said it once, I will say it again... KUDOS to you mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your first CF with free hand chapter icon wa awesome but to see the same level of free hand awesomensess, you have done it to 4 more! They look so frickin' sweet! You must have a very very steady hand/patience/hand-eye-coordination, dang it all of them! How many layers do you use for you coat of blue? I soooooo want to get that blue onto my Phoenix Guards. You got 3-4 layers on there + basecoat? Looking forward to the next update :D

Lovely dark blue, that. Admirable freehand, too. Solid, solid work - I've seen display pieces at a GW store look less well painted than this (it was many years ago, mind you). :D

@Dorns_Padawan: Thanks again man! Honestly, I don't think the freehand fist is as hard as some other chapter icons to freehand (I'm not complaining though :P). As far as the blue goes, I paint each armour panel with Necron Abyss for 2-4 thin layers over a black undercoat (It really just depends how it looks at the time). Then the armour gets a fairly liberal/ broad highlight of Regal Blue. Regal Blue is ALMOST identical to Necron Abyss but is slightly brighter, so it makes for nice transition to the highlights. Then to finish it up they get a nice Ultramarine Blue line highlight on the high points of the model; highlighting every edge of the armour can actually hurt the effect of a nice dark blue. Thanks again, man!

@Olisredan: Thanks dude. I honestly don't paint as much of this dark blue as some people might think because of my only 2 WIP threads being of models with that colour armor :).

Alright, small update. I assembled the next two guys, but I think this is about as far as I will get on them tonight because it is storming outside here and they need to be primed (nature be damned! :D). I may be able to finish them tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

gallery_47732_6193_1106100.jpg

Anyways, thanks for looking at my meager update :wacko:.

Very nice work here fella....although there's guna be continuall updates from your self and me concerning Crimson Fists....let the battle commence lol

Also I really really like the 'stand out' guy...the idea behind that idea is great because as well all know every Sgt has a 2nd in command.

Okay guys. Had a bit of a change of heart I'm afraid. Or rather I'm going back to being a heretic. Painting these few Crimson Fists has me all anxious and missing my Alpha Legion; I'm basically going through a condition called "Alpharius Withdrawal." That being said, I am going back to working on my Alpha Legion, which has its own WIP log (see my sig). I may or may not come back to working on the Crimsons in the future :confused:. Sorry guys, I just miss me olde' legion. Thanks for being patient with me. Boooooooo Alan...

Don't worry, your Crimson Fists were probably undercover Alpha Legion to begin with anyway...it's how we operate... :woot:

Welcome back from deep undercover!

Archived