Mephiston

Ray

Played last night and used Mephiston fo the first time. Awesome, like a knife through butter.......

Then I assaulted 5 Necron Immortals and a Necron lord with a resurrection Orb. He just got stuck. Knock them down, they get up. Knock them down they get up.

I was wondering if I got all the rules right and specifically I used Unleash rage and Sanguine Sword in the first assault. Do I still get the pschic benefits of the Force Weapon?

It was a great game anyway, just want to get Mephiston optimised.

I've yet to use Meph in 5th edition but I have an Apoc battle next week so I'm probably going to try him out then against Chaos Space Marines and Daemons. Will see how he performs.

No titans on the other side but they do have one of those HUGE Forge World Greater Daemons of Khorne, so he might be a tempting target. I'm allying with Grey Knights though so I might leave him to them whilst Mephy goes after some troops or something.

People whine and cry about how 'broken' Mephiston is, but I find you have to micromanage him or else he drops pretty easily. The GD you mentioned will eat him for lunch-- high strength + lots of attacks + power weapons = dead mephy. He plows thru a lot of things but plasma weapons, eternal warriors, and thunder hammers will ruin his day quickly. Plus his real estate has definitely declined with the advent of the GK.

All that being said he's the only real beatstick in the codex, so I completely see why most people play him.

People whine and cry about how 'broken' Mephiston is, but I find you have to micromanage him or else he drops pretty easily. The GD you mentioned will eat him for lunch-- high strength + lots of attacks + power weapons = dead mephy. He plows thru a lot of things but plasma weapons, eternal warriors, and thunder hammers will ruin his day quickly. Plus his real estate has definitely declined with the advent of the GK.

All that being said he's the only real beatstick in the codex, so I completely see why most people play him.

Dunno about that, he still rips up 4 or 5 GKs in an assault, with three chances to cast unleash. One is then going to kill him with a force weapon wound on a 6? In addition to this, mephi also has a hood. Sure, he needs to pick his fights, but gks without ++ are a joke for him. Even if they have halberds. I don't use or have mephisto myself as I do DoA, but I wouldn't even mind against GK.

Dunno about that, he still rips up 4 or 5 GKs in an assault, with three chances to cast unleash. One is then going to kill him with a force weapon wound on a 6? In addition to this, mephi also has a hood. Sure, he needs to pick his fights, but gks without ++ are a joke for him. Even if they have halberds. I don't use or have mephisto myself as I do DoA, but I wouldn't even mind against GK.

Dont all GK have grenades that reduce psykers to ini1 ?

Dont all GK have grenades that reduce psykers to ini1 ?

Only when they assault.

In all, I'd totally take Mephi in 'pocalypse. His only real flaw is the high point cost for me (except for lack of inv.), but that Isn't a problem in apocalypse.

As for GK, the odds of one wounding him is 1/12, and also there is the matter of activating the force weapons and his hood. So we're looking at a 1/24 to kill him outright at the start of any phase. Rather nifty when strike squads have a single attack per model, and purifiers lose half the squad before they get to strike.

I don't think Boltergeist meant Mephiston vs Grey Knights. The OP was about Chaos Marines and demons, against which GK now seem to have upped the game. I personally use Mephiston a lot.I like his model and I love his fluff. He often gets the Greater Demon job, with about a 50% success rate. Getting in first on an assault is the key to him. He is not resilient enough to withstand some of the grimmer things, which is odd as his fluff would lead you to think he was more unkillable than killy.

Archived