Doubt about options to furioso dreadnought

sabotage120

I will admit I had never even considered the idea of dual frag cannons.

My instinct is it is not allowed, but without looking in the codex for exact wording I can't be sure.

Interesting, but I'd say no.

Replace one blood fist with....

compared to any other entry that allows you to replace both arm options, such as;

can replace his boltgun and/or bolt pistol....

can replace their bolt pistol and/or chainsword...

The listing does not give you the option to "replace one or both".

So if you choose the option to 'replace one blood fist' is it then removed from the list of options and cannot be selected again? Or does haveing a fragcannon already equipped fulfill the 'replace one' part and so a second cannot be chosen? I'm not sure about either of those, but I still think it is intended to be just an option of taking one cannon.

If you do the replacement twice, you haven't replaced one blood fist, you've replaced two.

It's like the entry for the Captain that says he may have one of the following: jump pack, bike. He can't have one and then another one. (But could jump bike infantry still ride in a transport? ;) )

I have a similar question about Assault Squad Sergeants. The entry says "can replace his bolt pistol/chainsword with:"

Does that mean either/or? Both/and? And/or?

It means either/both/any of those.

edit:

I wouldn't mind having a WS6 dread putting down 4 str6 rending templates in a turn. Seems like a fair trade to me,

If you do the replacement twice, you haven't replaced one blood fist, you've replaced two.

It's like the entry for the Captain that says he may have one of the following: jump pack, bike. He can't have one and then another one. (But could jump bike infantry still ride in a transport? :Troops: )

I don't think He could due to the jump pack not being allowed in a transport. Also that would be redundant though cool looking because it would still only be a 12" move, but have the cool look.

Archived