Sniper Scout GD 2011

Very intersting start brother!!!

But unfortunately you wont win Golden Daemon with a base alone :)

I declare paint is needed!!!

I presume you're going with a city feel with this one? got any tricks up lying in wait? NMM, OSL stuff like that?

I'm keeping my eye on this one

Cheers

Cpt X

Lol, i will be painting this bad boy shortly, will have armour chipping and OSL on the scope next to the eye.

The figure will be painted much better than the base, so it will not detract from it at all.

@WD ello matey :)

Counter wieghted with a 1p piece :P pretty unstable so i will be adding miliput and a magnet when i put it on its plinth,

I really wanted to push the limits of the bases, if it stands up on a 25mm base its a legal entry ;)

Iain.

The one thing that worries me is the fact that the model is SO much higher then the base. According to the rules, any model on a scenic base is permitted so long as the model can be removed and stand upon an appropriately sized gaming base. It goes on to say as well that if the scenic base is permanently attached, your entry will be disqualified...

source:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Custom..._Rules_2011.pdf

So I would recommend you reconsider your basing idea...

-kizzap

The one thing that worries me is the fact that the model is SO much higher then the base. According to the rules, any model on a scenic base is permitted so long as the model can be removed and stand upon an appropriately sized gaming base. It goes on to say as well that if the scenic base is permanently attached, your entry will be disqualified...

source:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Custom..._Rules_2011.pdf

So I would recommend you reconsider your basing idea...

-kizzap

I think he would not have a problem as the scenic base is attached to the appropiate sized base for the model. IMO the rule mentioned refers to when you attach a model to a base greater than the normal game size and cannot be removed as the model is attached directed to the larger scenic base. In looking at some of the images provided in the rules PDF, on the last page they show 2 models mounted on normal size bases with heavy scenic basing done and then mounted on a larger pedistal.

I look forward to seeing this painted up!

I think he would not have a problem as the scenic base is attached to the appropiate sized base for the model. IMO the rule mentioned refers to when you attach a model to a base greater than the normal game size and cannot be removed as the model is attached directed to the larger scenic base. In looking at some of the images provided in the rules PDF, on the last page they show 2 models mounted on normal size bases with heavy scenic basing done and then mounted on a larger pedistal.

I look forward to seeing this painted up!

I do think there will still be an issue. The issue being the difference between "scenic" base and a "gaming" base. From my interpretation of the rules in the link I posted, it basically said that the mini is judged on what would be considered the "gaming" base, instead of the whole what is basically a diorama. Browse through the past GD winners photos and you will see, that if there is a scenic sort of base, that the miniature is actually on a smaller base which can be removed completely from the display.

Basically what I mean is that for the Mini to have a chance to win, it has to be gaming legal. The Mini here, while really cool looking, obviously infers a substantial benefit to the model. Which obviously goes against the nature of the game, and thus would actually disqualify the mini from competition.

-kizzap

Archived