BA unit insignia

Ray

Morning all!

I am finishing off my army and want some advise on the unit details.

Are all Terminators, by definition, in 1st Company?

What Markings should a LRC that is the dedicated transport of the Terminators have.

Thanks for the help.

The terminator units are all from the first company. Slightly more marines have 'Terminator Honours', the Crux terminatus on the shoulder and the right to wear the Tactical Dreadnought armour: some (all?) captains, some chaplains, some librarians, some sanguinary priests. Possibly some sergeants too, though in the BA they don't wear the armour.

So, a dedicated transport would probably use the first company white skull as its main insignia, and the Crux Terminatus (a splay-ended cross with skull and cross-bones in the middle) as an honourific.

I would, however, expect a dedicated first company vehicle to have a lot more bling, images of sanguinius, the full chapter badge (with white angel wings), not just company specific insignia, on it.

The terminator units are all from the first company. Slightly more marines have 'Terminator Honours', the Crux terminatus on the shoulder and the right to wear the Tactical Dreadnought armour: some (all?) captains, some chaplains, some librarians, some sanguinary priests. Possibly some sergeants too, though in the BA they don't wear the armour.

So, a dedicated transport would probably use the first company white skull as its main insignia, and the Crux Terminatus (a splay-ended cross with skull and cross-bones in the middle) as an honourific.

I would, however, expect a dedicated first company vehicle to have a lot more bling, images of sanguinius, the full chapter badge (with white angel wings), not just company specific insignia, on it.

Thanks for this. Would you have any links to photos of what you would expect. That would be really useful.

I really like the idea of bling!!

Thanks

Ray

Note that the Land Raider kit already has a Crux Terminatus modelled on the hull above the gap between the side door sockets - Imperial Armour volume 2 notes that is indicates a vehicle that has served as a transport for Terminators, so by rights what you don't need to do anything but should file it off Land Raiders that haven't been so used (I've not got it handy but I'm 90% certain it referred to transport in past-tense rather than present)

Archived