The Las/Plas Razorback

So here's my question. I'm plotting and planning to actually get moving on my Fire Angels, and I plan to use lots of las/plas-backs. I've seen conversions where the plasma guns go in the turret with the lascannon, and some that don't and instead mount them as pintles. So I checked the codex, and it just says a lascannon and twinlinked plasma guns. So, in a technical sense, would the plasmas go in the turret with the lascannon? Do they count as two different weapon systems for the purposes of number of weapons that can be fired and determining Weapon Destroyed results?

So here's my question. I'm plotting and planning to actually get moving on my Fire Angels, and I plan to use lots of las/plas-backs. I've seen conversions where the plasma guns go in the turret with the lascannon, and some that don't and instead mount them as pintles. So I checked the codex, and it just says a lascannon and twinlinked plasma guns. So, in a technical sense, would the plasmas go in the turret with the lascannon? Do they count as two different weapon systems for the purposes of number of weapons that can be fired and determining Weapon Destroyed results?

Yes, they're two separate weapons (even if modeled onto a single turret). This does mean that a Razorback must stand still to reap the full benefits of a Las/Twin-Plas weapon configuration (as they are both primary weapons, it cannot move at combat speed and fire both). It also means it would take two weapon destroyed results to strip the Razorback of any/all weapons.

DV8

So I checked the codex, and it just says a lascannon and twinlinked plasma guns. So, in a technical sense, would the plasmas go in the turret with the lascannon?

Dunno if it's any help (from a modelling perspective), but on the original GW model, they were mounted in the turret in a co-axial type of arrangement...

So I checked the codex, and it just says a lascannon and twinlinked plasma guns. So, in a technical sense, would the plasmas go in the turret with the lascannon?

Dunno if it's any help, but on the original GW model, they were mounted in the turret in a co-axial type of arrangement...

The FAQ on the games workshop site confirms that they are two seperate weapons for rules purposes. As for modelling them you could match the old model and coaxial them there's a tutorial on that on the forum here, or you could mount the Plasma guns on the Storm Bolter mount instead, replace the second lascannon barrel with a searchlight or something similar to represent a targeting array and they are seperate weapons on the model.

This is how the original turret was configured:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z43/goalie20/Warhammer%2040K/Razorback%20Rebuild/turret3.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z43/goalie20/Warhammer%2040K/razor3.jpg

Archived