POTMS

MadGreek

POTMS allows 1 extra weapon to be fired. Also, it allows that weapon to be fired at a different target.

Since I can fire all my weapons if I do not move, I read this as I can fire ONE of my weapons TWICE when not moving. And, at a different target. I assume I can pick the weapon that fires twice since it is not specified.

Am I misreading something?

Hmmm, not sure if that is correct, but my gut says you can only fire a weapon the number of times indicated in its profile. I am tracking this thread though, as I am interested in seeing what the resident rules-experts say...

my gut says you can only fire a weapon the number of times indicated in its profile

I thought that as well,but how would it be different then modifiers giving attacks over the listed attacks in a units profile - like 2 CC weapons, or assaulting?

POTMS does not allow a weapon to fire twice. It allows an additional weapon to fire.

If I have 3 guns, don't move, I can fire 3 guns. The additional from POTMS is wasted (though I can use 1 gun to target seperately).

my gut says you can only fire a weapon the number of times indicated in its profile

I thought that as well,but how would it be different then modifiers giving attacks over the listed attacks in a units profile - like 2 CC weapons, or assaulting?

Because attacks are modified in that way as described in the rules. There is no rule I know of that allows any model to fire the same gun twice in the same turn.

Archived