Assualt Squads and Close Combat

Vexicus

Hail Brothers,

I'll get right to it. If an assault squad is charging into close combat and do they have 2 attacks per marine and 3 for the sergant or because my MODELS are equiped with chainsword do they gain an extra attack? My DA Codex reads that the assualt squad has a chainsword in their Wargear so my interpritation of this would be no. On the other hand logic dictates to me that as the marine is holding two weapons then he should get two attacks, no?

Please can you help me clear this problem up Brothers.

Many Thanks.

A Tactical Marine has a bolter and bolt pistol - 1 attack base, 1 for charging (so 2).

A Tactical/Assault/Devastator Sergeant has a bolt pistol and chainsword - 2 attacks base, 1 for two close combat weapons, 1 for charging (so 4).

An Assault Marine has a bolt pistol and a chainsword - 1 attack base, 1 for two close combat weapons, 1 for charging (so 3).

if they have 2 CC weapons or one special and one CC weapon (except power fists and lightning claws) then they get +1 attacks for all close combat rounds remember pistol weapons are considered CC weapons in addition to its shooty self even if fired in the shooting phase before assaulting. BRB p42

btw DA all have bolt pistols stock unless they have been upgraded to something else by YOU.

The 2 exception is if they are in terminator armor or it is listed as a "or" in the wargear entry (polt pistol or boltgun/chainsword, techmarine/RW attack sq only).

Note:

Its not about your 'MODELS' its about their rules. You could easily have them pointing with a lofted chainsword or pistol, and they would still have both by the rules, and still get the bonus attack.

Note:

Its not about your 'MODELS' its about their rules. You could easily have them pointing with a lofted chainsword or pistol, and they would still have both by the rules, and still get the bonus attack.

Yep. If it's under wargear, you have it: no need to model it (provided one can tell what the model is without it). For instance, Grey Wolves (Space Wolf Tacticals, essentially) and Chaos Space Marines both have bolt pistol, boltgun, and chainsword (all three!) and I've often seen them modeled with just the boltgun or just the sword in both hands, etc.

For instance, Grey Wolves (Space Wolf Tacticals, essentially) and Chaos Space Marines both have bolt pistol, boltgun, and chainsword (all three!)

If only the rest of the Astartes had managed to retain the technology to manufacture holsters for their bolt pistols!

For instance, Grey Wolves (Space Wolf Tacticals, essentially) and Chaos Space Marines both have bolt pistol, boltgun, and chainsword (all three!)

If only the rest of the Astartes had managed to retain the technology to manufacture holsters for their bolt pistols!

Sometimes, no matter how many hours you spend chanting litanies, you will not be able to get that rivet gun to work.

Archived