Sanguinary Priest joining units

Vagrant

If I take 1 sanguinary priest elite slot upgraded with 2 sanguinary priests, can those two priests leave and join other groups, and/or be deployed with those groups at the beginning of the game?

Sure, there is no reason a bike IC can't join a jumpy unit. Now, they don't benefit from the other's movement, while the jumpers can leap over terrain, the bike must still drive through it and risk dangerous checks.

Since we're on the topic of Sang priests, if he's attached to a RAS is it better to give him a power weapon instead of the sergeant in order to take advantage of his WS5?

A power weapon, yeah. If you have only 15 points to spare, it is better to give a PW to the priest. But not a PF, since the priest is an IC and could be picked out before he gets to swing.

This all depends on your synergy and what your opponents know of your army. Most people in my club know what he does for my list so they single him out. So, most of the time i just keep him vanilla and try to keep him form CC as much as I can. I will do things like keep him more than 6 inches away on the movement phase so I know he wont be ale to get into CC. Because of this it is pointless for me to give him a power weapon. In the end it will all depend on how important he is to you and if you opponents want him dead.

Archived