Fire points on fast Rhinos

If a fast rhino moves between 6" and 12" can the unit inside still use the fire points. I have checked the rule book and errata regarding this and can't find a clear answer ether way. I've always taken this as being the same as defensive weapons which are specifically stated as able to fire but in a recent game it was argued that because they remain separate units the fast rule does not apply.

Can anyone provide clarification.

As far as I'm aware units inside vehicles can only fire if the vehicle has moved 6" or less, regardless of whether the vehicle is fast or not.

This is correct. there is no exception in the fast vehicle rules, so 6 inches or less if you want to shoot out.

Hey James, just a little off topic...but how does that affect opentopped vehicles. They can only move 6" if the troops inside want to fire. Correct?

Hey James, just a little off topic...but how does that affect opentopped vehicles. They can only move 6" if the troops inside want to fire. Correct?

I believe open-topped vehicles still can not shoot out if they move more than 6 inches, but as I don't own any open-topped vehicles in my armies, I could easily be wrong there.

Archived