Azkaellon

Demoulius

Another topic about SG just got me thinking...

This guy was so awesome that Sanguinius basicly said "yea um...im going to bite the bucket. You need to stay here or the chapter is going to hell"

Just how awesome was this guy? ;) and how many of you guys think hes really the Sanguinor? tbh i do because *shrugs* what else is he/it supposed to be? ;)

maby hes wearing sanguiniuses armour? cause primarch armour is bound to be tougher than say termy armour... and if so and hes thesize of a regular marine noone would think to put more firepower at him than a regular marine, much to their downfall...

Sangunius' armor would be too big for any normal marine.

Regards,

Crynn

maby hes wearing sanguiniuses armour? cause primarch armour is bound to be tougher than say termy armour... and if so and hes thesize of a regular marine noone would think to put more firepower at him than a regular marine, much to their downfall...

Regards,

Crynn

That was my thought too.

The Sanguinor is the partal spirit of Sanguinius. Or so it is implied in the limited edition BA short story that was released last year. (Forget the name, I have the story at home but currently writing this from work.)

Sorry for the thead jack. But it's some what related. I find it quite facinating the similarities between Azkaellon of the Blood Angels and Sigmund of the Black Templars. Both are chosen champions of their respective Primarches. Both tasked with preserving the true ideals of their legions. Can't think of any other Legions that did that. Dorn and Sanguinius were the only Primarchs at the final battle. The Emperor's Chosen indeed.

I wonder if the Sanguinor is a series of people wearing the same armour, passing the mantle on over time. That would make more sense. :wacko:

I agree that this one makes more sense. For instance, when the Sanguinor is slain, all the "Heralds of Sanguinius"? I forgot what the captain of the Sanguinary Guard is called. From all the BA Successor Chapters gather where one of them is granted the honour of wearing the armour of Sanguinius. Of course this is a closely-guarded secret so the BA and their Successors remain enheartened by the though their Primarch stands beside them...

Regards,

Crynn

true but armour can be modified etc... if you think about it all he would need would be a single plate of armour when you consider that a tiny fragment of the emperors armour gives the terminators a 5++ apparently... and were bound to have several suits of armour somewhere.

another theory is maby the armour was designed by sanguinius himself, and maby it has a teleporter built in?

For me the Sanguinor is Azkaellon, enough evidence points to it for it not to be. The fact he's lived so long is testement to what a pure Blood Angels gene seed could do for a marines life span. Much in the way Mephiston is testiment to what the gene seed could become once the rage is conquered.

This guy was so awesome that Sanguinius basicly said "yea um...im going to bite the bucket. You need to stay here or the chapter is going to hell"

Or it could have been "I'm going to face Horus and I need my best men with me. Dave, Steve, Colin, Norman come with me! Azkellon... erm, stay there and carry on with your knitting" :lol:

Or it could have been "I'm going to face Horus and I need my best men with me. Dave, Steve, Colin, Norman come with me! Azkellon... erm, stay there and carry on with your knitting" :lol:

Apart from the knitting part Morollan's suggestion makes more sense...

Azkaellon was Sanguinius chosen iirc.

okay, he preferred Raldoron, but well, he was with the angel all the time, if i'm not mistaken.

Sigismund was Dorn's righthand, captain of the first, so that speaks for itself

was azkellon not sanguiniuses herald? as such sanguinius would have had to trust him more as his representitive to go forth and do things for him. he could be trusted therefore to acts without sangy being present. you wouldnt leave someone you dont trust incharge of a special wing of your army if you didnt trust him. speciallly something like the sanguard which even the vet marines are supposed to look upon with admiration... yea good idea of course...

Regards,

Crynn

true but armour can be modified etc... if you think about it all he would need would be a single plate of armour when you consider that a tiny fragment of the emperors armour gives the terminators a 5++ apparently... and were bound to have several suits of armour somewhere.

another theory is maby the armour was designed by sanguinius himself, and maby it has a teleporter built in?

In my humble experience any garment can become smaller in size. It's only a question of washing it at too high temperatures. :P

On topic I believe it is a task passed on from one champion to another.

Or it could have been "I'm going to face Horus and I need my best men with me. Dave, Steve, Colin, Norman come with me! Azkellon... erm, stay there and carry on with your knitting" :P

to be fair if you leave some behind to take care of your legacy you dont leave behind someone who isent the best choice... beeing the captain of his personal guard hed have be awesome in numerous ways or he wouldnt have that job in the first place :)

i havent read that many HH novels that feature much of the blood angels (almost through Fulgrim now...) so i dont know anyone called Raldoron... was he like a personal friend or his equirry? eitther way when someone tells you "stay behind. i want you to keep my legacy great after i die" that holds an enormous amount of weight to it. Sanguinius must have valued Azkaellon alot if he wished him to stay behind...

that said i think the posiibility that the Sanguinor is the best of all the SG's captains that strap on the suit when one dies to be likely as well. Akin to the suits Eldar exarches wear :eek they forsake their lives in pursuit of beeing "the suit" and for all porpuses cease to be as individuals :)

Bu then the Sang Guard would have to know about him not being the original Azkellion. And the codex says that they belive that he is. Not that 'they say' he is - they themselves believe he is.

Then , there is the problem that he appears and disappears without any transport. How does he get into a Boarding Torpedo with Dante and squad, and not be found until they are in the Chaos vessel? Not appeared as they left the BA vessel - thats a good few minutes hidden in a short tube, with a bunch of combat ready marines. Or how he appeared to fight Ka'banda out of thin air, after the BA had been stranded on the planet? That isnt possible if he was simply another marine in the old suit...

I prefer the 'Zorro' idea. He just passes the armor on to another marine when he dies. Or maybe its more like Lucius, the most faithful, pure brother of the chapter just manifests it one day while sculpting.

Personally, the Sanguinor is too campy, and too mysterious with no justification for his power. Quite frustrating really. Its such a good idea to have the Blood Angels have an archangel it isnt even funny.

Bu then the Sang Guard would have to know about him not being the original Azkellion. And the codex says that they belive that he is. Not that 'they say' he is - they themselves believe he is.

Then , there is the problem that he appears and disappears without any transport. How does he get into a Boarding Torpedo with Dante and squad, and not be found until they are in the Chaos vessel? Not appeared as they left the BA vessel - thats a good few minutes hidden in a short tube, with a bunch of combat ready marines. Or how he appeared to fight Ka'banda out of thin air, after the BA had been stranded on the planet? That isnt possible if he was simply another marine in the old suit...

The same way the Legion of the Damned do.

Archived