World Eater's - Pre heresy-ish,using BA's codex/rules

MithrilForge

ok here we go....

i love the World eaters but i dont like the chaos side of it! ,i bet this is the look your giving this topic right about ....now :huh: please read on and work through my madness/sadness...

so i wanted to have a world eaters crazy army of doom but as a loyalist army so i thought long about which force matched the theme of what they would be/turn out like if they hadn't fallen....blood angels was the best IMHO that fit the bill.

they have blackrage and go banana's much the same as a berzerker would,they are pretty much a close combat army,same as the WE's,sort of shun shooty type armies(although do'able none the less)...see where im going( i hope so :P ) at the root of the idea is that they(BA's and WE's) both have control issue's with rage...

what i'd like from the B&C blood angels community is some ideas/feedback on what units would suit each other etc for example: Khorne berzerkers will match Death Co, easy!

thanks to forgeworld(bless em) the new pre heresy troops will come in handy,up to what Mk should be prefered?

also i was thinking of Tycho as a Khârn swap..... yes? ...no? ....

anyways thanks in advance for any feedback ideas...

Mithril

tycho wouldnt suit as Khârn, seth however....oh and no baals, nor any of the newer landraider varients, i also think plasma was low in numbers etc. what way are you thinking of running this list? mech pod jumpy?

When were the Baals discovered? I though they did start to appear during the Great Crusade.

Obviously, getting the right armor marks for preheresy armies can be difficult.

I think Seth, or even Lemartes could make a good Khârn stand in.

Mephiston (or possibly the Sanguinor) as Angron.

You might already have your heart set on Blood Angels as your WE counts as but have you thought about Minotaurs (but not the crappy version described in IA9 but thr brutal SOBs they were originally described as). Or Black Dragons, their mutated assault squads are a good filler for death company (but they don't quite have the beserk thing going on)

I think I might have a bit of a thing for the cursed founding.

I'm going from memory here so if there's any errors I'm hoping a sharper minded Son of Sanguinius will correct me.

The Baal was recovered in the Great Crusade but wasn't shared with the Mechanicus and thus rest of the Legions so the Blood Angel only weapons are right out.

The Razorback is post heresy as is the Crusader and Redeemer varients of the LanD Raider so again these wouldn't be available for a pre-heresy World Eaters army.

Can anyone mind if the Vindicator was late-crusade or early-heresy? I know it's around that period but can't for the life of me remember which it was. So this may or may not be available.

Vindicator was late crusade.

I don't believe it was ever late Crusade, Imperial Armour put it at being invented during the Dark Age of Technology and falling out of Imperial use towards the end of the Great Crusade then being resurrected by Guilliman with the Codex. 5th edition fluff curiously de-retconned it to the RT fluff of being invented mid-Heresy by loyalists and quickly adopted by both sides.

That link seems pretty good, tho one thing I'd note about jump packs was that the Raptor Cult IA article noted that the legions treated Jump Packs much like Terminator armour, so they'd go best with Honour Guard and Vanguard than RAS.

Archived