Poisoned question

Valkyrion

In IA7, necrosius (p143) is armed with plague bolts which have the following rules;

'...count as poisoned and always wound on 4+ unless the weapons normal strength would make the result lower.'

My question is - assuming I am firing at a T3 model, do I roll a 4+ to wound, rerolling if I fail as per the current poisoned rules, or do I just roll a 3+?

If the rule had just said 'poisoned' then I'd have understood, but as the weapon has it's own special rule does that supersede the current rule?

In IA7, necrosius (p143) is armed with plague bolts which have the following rules;

'...count as poisoned and always wound on 4+ unless the weapons normal strength would make the result lower.'

My question is - assuming I am firing at a T3 model, do I roll a 4+ to wound, rerolling if I fail as per the current poisoned rules, or do I just roll a 3+?

If the rule had just said 'poisoned' then I'd have understood, but as the weapon has it's own special rule does that supersede the current rule?

Sounds like you would roll against a 3+.

The answer is usually in the question:

count as poisoned and always wound on 4+ unless the weapons normal strength would make the result lower.'

emphasis mine..

it clearly states its a 4+ to wound, unless your weapons strength would make the wound roll lower.

so shooting a T3 model meas youd roll a 3+ and not a 4+

poisened shooting weapons do not reroll to wound if their strength is equal to or higher than the targets toughness. only close combat poisen attacks do that.

Just to back that up:

In addition, if the Strength of the wielder is the same or higher than the Toughness of the victim, the wielder must re-roll failed rolls to wound in close combat.

Archived