Brother Strakkan of the XVIIth Legion

Pea

Just thought I'd post this here for my 'comeback'. While not strictly a model for a Power Armour army I thought I'd share this. This is going to be the leader of my Traitor Guard army. I figured the rules for Col. Iron Hand Straken fit nicely with Space Marine rules so why not model him as a Chaos Marine?

FW Standard Bearer shown for scale.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/Pea_666/Warhammer%2040k/Traitor%20Guard/CommandWIP.jpg

I know the boots are underwhelmingly low-tech but I'll keep it that way. My GS skills are not up to sculpting new boots and I quite like the low-tech feel this gives. Comments?

I think its great, but from an aesthetics point of view I think the helmet on his belt there makes him look a bit crowded. I think the low-tech boots look pretty good, and the idea of having the traitor guard being led by a chaos marine is also pretty awesome - are you going to make him a whole squad or have him as a solitary marine amongst the expendable guard?

I like him. An easy way to give the boots a more high-tech feel might be to take a peice of plasticard and glue to the underside of the boots. That way you get them to look more like PA-boots as well as giving him some height.

- Natanael

Thanks for the comments guys!

@Mad Mek: that is what I thought. :tu:

@Mr.Malevolent: it is indeed the back banner from the Empire Flaggelants. It's a great little kit for Chaos Marine bits.

Archived