Prep for tourny

Been playing a bunch of games to prepare for the Bugeater GT.

Most recent was against Eldar, who, I know next to nothing about.

I run Seth with 5 bare bones DC in a Stormraven EA Hurricane bolters, w/DC dread Hvy Flamer kept in reserve.

2 Landspeeder Typhoons, Rifleman Dread w/Drop pod, Dakka Pred

10man Ras TH 2x Flamer rhino

9 man Ras PF Meltagun w/SHP+ Infernus pistol Rhino,

10 man Tac Plasma gun Lascannon Rhino.

He fielded 2 psyker guys, each in a squad in a grav tank, a third squad of melta equivelant in a grav tank, a pack of upgraded Scouts?, squad of guys with a heavy weapon platform, and Falcon? tank in reserve.

Turn 1, he killed a tac guy in a combat squad with a bolter.

My retaliation blew up 2 transports killing 7 in 1 and 6 in another pinning both.

Turn 2 Melta squad of his jumped my rifleman Dread, Scouts got a crew shaken on a rhino.

Other rhino double flamered his sniper guys, the other assualt squad cleaned them out. Stormraven clears out what was left in the craters of his 2 wrecked vehicles.

Turn 3 Eldar shot up another Tac marine. And backed into a corner

I encircled with my whole army, and we called it.

I know my 1850 list seems.....meh, but I'm liking it alot. It meshes together well. I've been feeling the sting of AV 14, but not much I can do about it now. Maybe later, I'll upgrade the tacs rhino to a TLLas back, since I seem to always combat squad them. 5 DC and Seth seem to get the job done with a DC dread and Stormraven backing them against anything that wanders near midtable. I will try to keep detailed reports of the tourny games with pictures.

Been playing a bunch of games to prepare for the Bugeater GT.

Most recent was against Eldar, who, I know next to nothing about.

I run Seth with 5 bare bones DC in a Stormraven EA Hurricane bolters, w/DC dread Hvy Flamer kept in reserve.

2 Landspeeder Typhoons, Rifleman Dread w/Drop pod, Dakka Pred

10man Ras TH 2x Flamer rhino

9 man Ras PF Meltagun w/SHP+ Infernus pistol Rhino,

10 man Tac Plasma gun Lascannon Rhino.

He fielded 2 psyker guys, each in a squad in a grav tank, a third squad of melta equivelant in a grav tank, a pack of upgraded Scouts?, squad of guys with a heavy weapon platform, and Falcon? tank in reserve.

Turn 1, he killed a tac guy in a combat squad with a bolter.

My retaliation blew up 2 transports killing 7 in 1 and 6 in another pinning both.

Turn 2 Melta squad of his jumped my rifleman Dread, Scouts got a crew shaken on a rhino.

Other rhino double flamered his sniper guys, the other assualt squad cleaned them out. Stormraven clears out what was left in the craters of his 2 wrecked vehicles.

Turn 3 Eldar shot up another Tac marine. And backed into a corner

I encircled with my whole army, and we called it.

I know my 1850 list seems.....meh, but I'm liking it alot. It meshes together well. I've been feeling the sting of AV 14, but not much I can do about it now. Maybe later, I'll upgrade the tacs rhino to a TLLas back, since I seem to always combat squad them. 5 DC and Seth seem to get the job done with a DC dread and Stormraven backing them against anything that wanders near midtable. I will try to keep detailed reports of the tourny games with pictures.

Well firstly , congratz on the win. Your right in saying your list is a little strange , but it does have alot of important elements in it for a tournament list , (Long range support from Typhoons and Rifleman , Lascannon in tactical squad can help as well. And it has decent combat potential as well from the Ras and Death Co , the strangest element would probally be the double flamer squad , I suggest finding the points to get two meltaguns and a fist in there.).

I'm unsure of your local meta-game or what you're likely to experience at the tournament ( best of luck btw , and I look forward to reading battlereps) , so I'll presume you'll face the usually suspects ( Guard ,wolves etc) , how do you think your list would fare against the following armies?

Grey Knights with Msu psycannon squads supported by Dreads.

Dark Eldar with 8 venoms , all filled with blaster warrior and true born squads supported by ravangers.

Imperial Guard

Chaos with 9 obliterators and other stuff.

Other Marines with loads of shooting.

Space wolves with Msu Grey hunters and mass long fangs with missles or Thunderwolves spam.

I've found the flamers invaluable. They run side by side with the melta squad.

I've played the Dark Eldar alot. They are a chess match to say the least if the player is good. If not, you can walk over them.

Very little Spacewolf experience. I know a guy from the game shoppe is running Logan, 9-10 termies with 2 Cyclone ML, and 3 Longfang squads.

I've played a game or 2 vs Grey Knights, but the player wasn't cheesy by fielding 6 Psyfleman Dreads, 3 being Venerable. If I come across that, I will dedicate my whole army to killing his troops off, and digging into cover.

Played Chaos a TON. 9 Oblits are gonna be a pain, if someone takes them at 1850. Have to dedicate all my range on them, and blitz them with assault elements.

Archived