Vanguard or Independent Characters?

Tro_lee boy

I am thinking of buying a box of sanguinary guard and was thinking of either converting it to vanguard veterans or into a libby, reclusiarch and 3 snag priests.

I mostly play against tau and have a lot of trouble with broadsides and crisis suits. I was thinking of using the vanguards to disrupt them and tie them up with a heroic intervention.

I play a hybrid army but have a problem of mostly using either Mephy or Dante and they are just a massive points sink. The sang priests would add some much needed survivability.

So what do you think?

id go with a bit of both, infact id say get a death co box too and mix between the 2 and give yourslef the ability to have a flashy libarian, a dark and brooding chaplin, priests that are a bit of both and blinged vanguard vets... using pure sanguard bits will just make them look like vanguard painted differently... tats my thoughts anyway...

For the Sanguinary Priest you would still need a narthecium, which are kind of hard to come by.

A little bit of creativity can go a long way... Check out my conversion Here just about all the way on the bottom of the page. A few bits here and there, and boom, suitable narth. And depending on how you paint your priests, they should stick out enough so your opponent knows whats what.

-CC

That looks really good. I spy a Sanguinary Guard arm and an Auspex. What's the rest?

Yes, that stuff and...

A few bits cut off the back of any marine vehicle searchlight, an antennae off of the rhino driver helmet, the handle/grip of the BA combat knife for the probie bit, and though its hard to see in the pic, a bit "wire" bit off of a forge world jump pack.

-CC

Archived