Obliterators = Daemons

caboosebe

Fluff-wise it makes absolute sense.

realy did they change the whole virus thing again ?

Since they are infected with a Chaos Tech Virus, Nanites being lots of little daemons instead of miniature robots.

then pms are double as demonic , they are infected with nurgle own plague that is not a normal disease , its a warp based one too.

Good nerf of a too OP codex.

So chaos is pretty much out for competitive play if any GK are around now. Between all their anti psyker negating lash, their proliferation of power weapons, and now anti daemon powers, I don't see what we're supposed to do. Dark Gods forbid we ever try to use a more fluffy list against them either...

No, Hammerhand's in there. It stacks.

Technically, it's in the new Rule Book FaQ, not the GK FaQ.

On a similar note, if you look at the new definition of psychic shooting attacks, it means lash of submission is no longer a PSA. It's just a psychic power that is used instead of shooting. This mean you can now use it before resolving shots, such as if a sorc is attached to a squad, you can move the unit and then resolve your shots. You also no longer need a firepoint. Hellooo lash sorcs in land raiders. Lawl.

What I get a kick out of is how GW fails to say what weapons/units count as what in the proper codex.

For example, the Eldar Avatar is specifically noted as being a daemon. Mandrakes? Nope. Oblits? Nope. I mean, *if* the Avatar can have it (and has had it since ever) why the hell can't GW just start making 'daemon' a unit designation to save us all that confusion?

Just like why can't GW mention in the Tau book that all Tau guns are essentially a form of plasmagun?

They really need to brush up on that kind of thing.

Why shouldn't Obliterator's count as demons?

"Obliterators are no longer even Chaos Space Marines instead they are an amalgam of Marine, Daemon and Armour, each part inseparable from the rest."

3.5 Codex Chaos Space Marines, p. 27

"They use arcane knowledge they have gleaned from the powers of Chaos, and sinister adepts of the Dark Mechanicus, to blur the boundaries between biological, technological and daemonic."

4th Edition Codex Chaos Space Marines, p. 35

Is there even a real negative for Obliterators being Daemons? Besides the title, the only benefit Grey Knights have is in combat (That I know of), I never thought obliterators were terribly great once they were in combat anyway. Not like there is a Sanctuary rule where it blocks LOS or anything.

Just like why can't GW mention in the Tau book that all Tau guns are essentially a form of plasmagun?

Cause they did? Pulse Weapons aren't plasma bolt weapons, but more like plasma spark weapons. I'll try and look up the page number when I have a few more minutes.

Edit: Found them:

Codex: Tau Empire page 29

Pulse rifle

The pulse rifle uses an induction field to propel a particle, which reacts by breaking down to create a plasma pulse as it leaves the barrel.

Codex: Tau Empire page 26

Burst cannon

...Utilising the plasma induction technology found in the pulse rifle and other systems...

So, yeah, it's there. Sucks for Tau against tailored lists, but it is there.

They really need to brush up on that kind of thing.

Even besides my point above, this is, nevertheless, true.

Why shouldn't Obliterator's count as demons?

"Obliterators are no longer even Chaos Space Marines instead they are an amalgam of Marine, Daemon and Armour, each part inseparable from the rest."

3.5 Codex Chaos Space Marines, p. 27

"They use arcane knowledge they have gleaned from the powers of Chaos, and sinister adepts of the Dark Mechanicus, to blur the boundaries between biological, technological and daemonic."

4th Edition Codex Chaos Space Marines, p. 35

Then The Jeske has made his point that fluff-wise plague marines should be Daemons aswell

Terminators in a chimera, Really?

Sighhhh

Well, they can fit Ogryns fine, so a Terminator shouldn't have too much trouble getting in.

As for everything else, this is what we get when Ward decides "screw balance, GK should just be outright better against some races". The Tau thing isn't too much of a problem, because if you don't have something outside 12" of the Syphon to shoot at the Inquisitor, then the Syphon is the least of your problems. The +1A only falchions is kind of a let down though.

Archived