Alt-Verse Imperium

ShasVa

A month or two back I started my Alt-Verse project (an alternate telling of 40K, where the Emperor lives, Chaos is crippled, and the Nids are still a grave threat!). Here are some images of my work:

The Emperor

Lion El'Johnson

Fulgrim

Perturabo

Jaghatai Khan

Leman Russ

Rogal Dorn

Konrad Curze

Sanguinius

Ferrus Manus

Angron

Guilliman

Mortarion

Ahriman (in Alt-Verse, he takes over from Magnus when the latter sits on the Golden Throne to repair the Imperial Webway)

Horus

Lorgar (old pic, the mace head was replaced by the skull-halo of a GK Nemesis Warding Staff)

Vulkan

Corax

Alpharius (no special base due to the legion doctrine of stealth and blending-in)

Now, the enemy of virtually every race in Alt-Verse 40K...Erebus - the Daemontraitor of Mankind, and Fallen Son of Chaos.

The latter name is in reference to Erebus tricking Chaos and attaining their kind of power. They fail to destroy him and so kick him out of the Warp and seal it so he cannot re-enter. One of his "life" missions is to re-enter the Warp and slay the pantheon so he can rule the Warp AND the Matterium.

Lastly, a few special characters that I have also completed:

Cypher

Saul Tarvitz

Sigismund

Comments and stuff are welcome. :)

I know they are great looking models, but does anyone think I should try re-doing the Primarchs? Perhaps attempt true-scale on them? Or are they good enough as is?

++EDIT++

Links have been removed due to the site the images were being hosted at contained board inappropriate material.

I would highly recommend rehosting the images elsewhere on a more board sanctioned site (e.g. photobucket, B&C gallery, etc)

Yeah, I was about to mention that too, Retributis...

As for the minis, I think that they still need a lot of work to get past the flatness. Unless you were going for tabletop quality, in which case they're perfectly adequate. If you want them for display quality, you need washes, lots of different kinds, and you need another shade or two of flesh-coloured paints to give the face some depth. Also, highlighting.

Uploadhouse = bad. Got it!

I am still thinking of improving them, perhaps with use of Army Painter stuff like their Quick Shade (I won't be dipping them, but rather brushing it on). However, they aren't meant for anything display quality. Unlike models I've done in the past, I didn't want to be too fussy and pedantic with them. I was going to true-scale them, but my first attempt was quite crap (the GS was obvious even when painted). Anyways, I may redo some or all of them. Since this is my telling of 40K. :)

Now for some Alt-Verse tidbits:

- the Emperor is alive, duh!

- no Primarchs turn to Chaos, but one still "dies".

- the Void Dragon wakes up prematurely and heads off into space, taking the Labyrinth and a chunk of Mars with it, and virtually all of the now-loyal Mechanicus.

- the Eye of Terror is sealed shut via a joint campaign between the Imperium and the Ulthwé Eldar Craftworld, but have been orchestrated by the Deceiver.

- the Imperial Webway is completed, and the Emperor's forces use to colonize worlds and eliminate hostile forces swiftly.

- the Necrons successfully revolt against the C'Tan, and actually destroy the Nightbringer, but then resume their original mission to eliminate the Old Ones and all created by them.

- the Tyranids' greatest weapon is unleashed close to M41 - their version of the Emperor!

As for the minis, I think that they still need a lot of work to get past the flatness. Unless you were going for tabletop quality, in which case they're perfectly adequate. If you want them for display quality, you need washes, lots of different kinds, and you need another shade or two of flesh-coloured paints to give the face some depth. Also, highlighting.

I agree, even just using watered down chaos black to help give some depth to the armour and add detail would help immensely. You might also not want to put on the paint so thickly in the future. Though as for the models themselves, they look great and I like the whole history of the alternate universe.

I'd be very interested to see how the Tyranids created their Emperor and hear what happened to some of the other races in it. It has some serious potential as a setting.

I agree, even just using watered down chaos black to help give some depth to the armour and add detail would help immensely. You might also not want to put on the paint so thickly in the future. Though as for the models themselves, they look great and I like the whole history of the alternate universe.

I'd be very interested to see how the Tyranids created their Emperor and hear what happened to some of the other races in it. It has some serious potential as a setting.

Thanks Lucion. I'm still not sure if I should or want to redo them all (the Primarchs and Ahriman, not the other models), as it did take some time getting them as they are now.

The Tyranids create their death-weapon in response to the advanced, technology-heavy resistance they encountered when facing the Imperium (who are now on the road back to the Golden Age and are united as a species).

Much like one of the stories of how the Emperor came to be, the Hive Mind creates the pinnacle of purely-biological achievement - the ultimate body. It then creates a powerful psyche to inhabit this body, forming it from the billions upon billions of Tyranid psyches that have come before. In the instant of its birth, the psyche of the Tyrant King is so overwhelming that it causes a Warp Blackout, smothering all psychic powers galaxy-wide for a short time, and dulling those of the Emperor. If anything, the Tyrant King is the "Tyranid counterpart of the Emperor" - the physical manifestation of the Hive Mind.

The Tyrant King can adapt its bio-matrix within a few seconds, and can grow its own weapons at will. It was first encountered in M41 by Dark Eldar raiding party escaping a White Scars incursion on Commoragh (it should be noted that Jaghatai Khan discovered a back-door into it). They fought back against the creature, but all their technology and virulent weapons could not stop its onslaught, as it proceeded to cut them to ribbons and turn their bodies into organic sludge. When the entire party of Dark Eldar were dead, the Tyrant King absorbed their biomass, transmitting the data and what it had learned to all Tyranid organisms for light-years around!

I would highly recommend to the OP to change the image hosting site of the current images (good suggestion would be to use the B&C itself as your image hosting area via your personal B&C gallery).

If the links arent changed soon, because of the content on the hosting site directly, the links will be removed due to the content on the site itself.

Archived