Baal invasion

Perrin

I've read that Baal was attacked by a tendril of Hive Fleet Leviathan and daemon hordes of Ka'Bandha, both in 999.M41.

As well as in the BA novel series the Blood Angel monastery was attacked by

mutant bloodfiends created by Fabius Bile

. The BA and their Successors who had gathered for a meeting seemed to take pretty heavy losses in this battle, and they hadnt started off with a large amount of marines anyway.

As I havent read the Codex:BA i was hoping someone could help me answer this question... WTH?!

Assuming all of those events happened, I could accept that the BA along with some of their successor chapters could fight off a Nid tendril, but then in the same period of time fight off a daemon incursion led by the daemon who beat Sanguinius and broke his legs? (Obviously Sanguinius had the last laugh)

AND THEN, or possibly before, the events of Red Fury (BA Novel) happen.

Should I ignore the events in the book? A combined force of around 10 Chapters could possibly take out the first 2 threats with a lot of luck and Ultrasmurf like powers so id accept that.

Yes, strike Swallow down with all of your hatred... and your journey to the darkside will be complete...

Lol yeah, like he said, don't count the events of the books, they did not happen.

I am sure they will win though. The full force of the BA (not damaged by any of those... books), along with every successor chapter should be enough to stop them.

Hey, you never know, those 'crons that Dante parted ways with might even come to help :tu:.

Can we just agree that both are awful and then move on?

Leaving the discussion of Swallow and Ward's literary failings for (numerous) other threads, the defence of Baal is actually quite an awesome subject. This is effectively the ninth legion coming together for one great last stand against the coming darkness. It'd make a great subject for an army or even a gamesday participation battle.

i like the last battle thing. swallos stuff isnt realy, but if you want to accept it its in the past anyway specially as the chapter is at full strength in the current dex. the last battle hasnt happened yet though. all the dex says is that both enemies are heading for baal and help ha been asked for from all succesor chapters. most have replyied(bar lamentors as they are apparently wiped out...) but thats as far as we go. nothing happens after m999 yet. maby gw will do a big event with ba+ succesores vs the nids and deamons... personally im thinking we will be wiped down to low numbers but have more go the mepheson thing in the process and they will just end up being like the justice league or something :D regardless the storm angels have answered and the chapter shall be there in full!

nope, generally we advoid the other chapters becasue of the flaws. theres instances a pleanty of going to others aid however, such as armegeddon, maccarege(purging nid infected planets) etc. though most chapters dont like ones not of their geanstock on their planet. better to keep the secrets in the family if you know what i mean?

I could see us just blasting out on all frequency's "DO NOT ASSIST TRESPASSERS WILL EAT VORTEX MISSILES" Plus the Flesh Tearers will be there in full numbers and hell we will just uproot our tower of crazies and use it as a Giant Drop pod Woo full strength chapter only 300ish are not tripping... YET.

really were hping that the nids and deamons arrive at the same time. if that happens all we have to do is get everyone in the fortress shoting over the walls whilst the deamons and nids attack each other(rember that nids weaken/block the warp) and then afterwards we just release the death co from all our chapters into the remains... then the rest of the chapters mop up...

plus by the numbers of times our chapter has kicked the deamon dudes ass i say the nida are the bigger threat, the swarm lord would be a tougher match for the sanguinator....

really were hping that the nids and deamons arrive at the same time. if that happens all we have to do is get everyone in the fortress shoting over the walls whilst the deamons and nids attack each other(rember that nids weaken/block the warp) and then afterwards we just release the death co from all our chapters into the remains... then the rest of the chapters mop up...

plus by the numbers of times our chapter has kicked the deamon dudes ass i say the nida are the bigger threat, the swarm lord would be a tougher match for the sanguinator....

PERFECT! I like this.

Reason I ask is because I'm getting into Black Templars, but the Blood Angels have always been my first love, so I'm trying to think of a fluffy reason for the two armies to fight side by side. Seeing as they have a shared history (Brothers of The Wall and that) I thought maybe a nearby crusade might cruise on by to help, but I wouldn't want to upset the fluff gods of the BA :Troops:

Reason I ask is because I'm getting into Black Templars, but the Blood Angels have always been my first love, so I'm trying to think of a fluffy reason for the two armies to fight side by side. Seeing as they have a shared history (Brothers of The Wall and that) I thought maybe a nearby crusade might cruise on by to help, but I wouldn't want to upset the fluff gods of the BA :)

I'm sure that they have participated in the same wars occasionally - Armageddon for example, Helbrecht took control of the combined fleets, which must have included the BA strike cruiser/battle barge that carried Tycho and his men there... So, BT and BA in Space, BA and BT on the ground... Both Chapters cover a lot of ground dealing with attacks on the imperium, I'm sure that they've encountered each other before.

Honestly, I believe that if the situation became dire enough, outside help might be called for (maybe to land on Baal itself, but at least to fight on the outlying worlds). Of course, it would only be from its most trusted allies.

What chapters are you refering to?

iirc the time of the attack isnt just the blood angels facing attcks such as this, theres other things underway such as a major ork offensive and a main nid fleet makig way to terra, and probably an extension of the tau empire and a black crusade... most marines should be too busy, only scesor chapters would likley see theimportane of defending baal over other worlds...

Reason I ask is because I'm getting into Black Templars, but the Blood Angels have always been my first love, so I'm trying to think of a fluffy reason for the two armies to fight side by side. Seeing as they have a shared history (Brothers of The Wall and that) I thought maybe a nearby crusade might cruise on by to help, but I wouldn't want to upset the fluff gods of the BA :lol:

I'm sure that they have participated in the same wars occasionally - Armageddon for example, Helbrecht took control of the combined fleets, which must have included the BA strike cruiser/battle barge that carried Tycho and his men there... So, BT and BA in Space, BA and BT on the ground... Both Chapters cover a lot of ground dealing with attacks on the imperium, I'm sure that they've encountered each other before.

Well I think the BT's movement on Armageddon are documented in Helsreach. Afaik there was only the one crusade on the ground. I guess I can just make up something but I wanted something of significance where the BT and BA may have swapped some elements of iconography, similar as the BT and CF did in that... campaign where they did that (name escapes me :P)

If enough Demons came to Baal, I'm sure the GK's would show up...asked for or not.

yikes...that would be a lot of mind wiping.

I love the mind wiping. Especially the part in B.A 'dex on Sang. guards, and how they celebrate the defeat of a Bloodthirster. I guess the GKs came with their silver rods and got a big bad whooping for trying that time.

The mind wipe probably depends on the chapter as well. The BA have a long and proud history, and have slain many demons, so I am sure that they, like the other First foundings, would not be mind wiped.

I think its more of the newer ones that are.

Sadly, if you read the GK codex, Dante agrees to have his and about a company's worth minds wiped after fighting alongside the Knights.

Stupid deamons...

Oh, well he Agreed to it though. That means that maybe if he doesn't agree to it they wont do it after the battle for Baal?

Archived