Blood Ravens

ultraz

Ok, Im going to get started on a blood ravens army I thought of starting around two years ago.....at this stage i have 1 painted model and 5 possible others... i have hit one slight problem, I cant figure out a nice color scheme, I have tried a base of mechrite red with a wash of baal red which isnt quite to my liking (yes i know you need more than one wash to make it darker) and mechrite red with a coat of scab red which didnt quite come up as I would like it... any suggestions on a nice scheme using mechrite as a basecoat? (i dont really mind if you dont but thats just what i've started using)

Google a mixing chart for GW paints.

But if you don't have the basics you wont get very far.

I'd suggest making the trip for the paints.

Failing that Add some sunburst yellow/firey orange or blazing orange to red gore....that should lighten it it up.

yes that is true, i might just get some on the weekend as well as a new tactical marine squad, the models im using now are x ultramarine models from a few years ago and look like piles of paint :/

Two thin coats. ^_^

Im just painting up a blood raven at the moment, im not sure whether to add yellow/orange for the red highlights, or try something else. The yellow/orange look ends up too blood angely for me...

yeah i will post a picture of the painted sergant I have tomorow hopefully, its a bit lighter than what you would expect and I havent done highlighting on it, need some advice about the badge but..

I'm going through the same process. Went with a Mechrite red then Devlin mud wash and wondering what to do next. Oh and i've finished the shoulder pads with a freehand raven as well.

So far I've found that when in doubt use Devlin Mud wash, I really love this wash.

blood raven sergeant (ignore the mould lines.... and :cussty arrow...)

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb52/callumiscooliio/IMG_9232.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb52/callumiscooliio/IMG_9233.jpg

i will give the devlan mud a shot when i get some models -.- kind of in a black spot for buying models -.-

I'd suggest doing another thin layer of bleach bone on the shoulder pads to tidy it up a bit more but that's pretty good.

At least you don't buy too many models, I can't stop myself from buying something when I visit the shop or go online..

yeah i used skull white on that one..... but that was painted like over a year ago

do you just use straight bleached bone for your shoulder pads or do you wash it? I think that the bleached bone looked a bit plain when i tried it, might try a wash into the edges

I think i will invest in a tactical squad soon and i have 2 black reach commanders coming sometime soon (:

Archived