My painting progress

Gv0zD

Hi, everybody!

It's been a while since I posted my test BA tactical marine here. I admit I'm one of the slowest painters around here :D But now I wanna share what little I have. It's an incomplete tact squad, and three guys are missing, but I hope to finish them soon enough, as I'm having a vacation :)

gallery_33097_5776_142957.jpg

gallery_33097_5776_166575.jpg

gallery_33097_5776_103941.jpg

gallery_33097_5776_4917.jpg

gallery_33097_5776_26504.jpg

Hope you'd like these guys :)

P.S. I've made a painting guide for in-house use for my friends, but if you find my painting ok (I hope you will ;) ), I'll post it here.

P.P.S. You may see the updates in my WIP blog available through the link in sig.

Cool red!

Too dark face, somewhere extreme highlights are too bold. But anyway - it is nice work!

But photos are terrible ^_^ You should switch off your flash-light.

It is better to photo with day-light from your window. I do so.

Tomorrow I'll send you a few good backgrounds for your photos. You just print them, switch off your flash-light and make cool photos :P

Cool red!

Too dark face, somewhere extreme highlights are too bold. But anyway - it is nice work!

But photos are terrible ;) You should switch off your flash-light.

It is better to photo with day-light from your window. I do so.

Tomorrow I'll send you a few good backgrounds for your photos. You just print them, switch off your flash-light and make cool photos ;)

Thanks!

The model with bold highlighting is my first, test mini - I used the brighter paint than I should, and I didn't blend colors, so the transition is rough. And some bolters are done in a hurry, so are not the best examples of my painting :lol:

The face is dark indeed -- he likes sunbathing on Baal :P -- I'll make the face brighter, and I'll repaint hair, as I'm not happy with the color.

The photos were taken with my Nokia 5800, and they're pretty good for a cell phone. I've tried shooting with daylight and no flash, but the photos were much worse. As soon as I get access to a normal cam, I'll make better photos and will post them.

And thanks in advance for backgrounds!

Archived