BA Death Star?

Stormshadow

I have 2 Death Stars in my list. I run Dante with a SG. I also have a assault termie squad with liby in TDA with SS. I have a libby dread with wings that follows Dante around and I have another furioso dread cruise with the termies in a SR. The SG squad is a troop so they can cap points and what not. To back Dante up I have started running a HG with 4 meltas. I make sure that they keep Dante and crew in the FNP bubble. Dante hits at I7 with 7 attacks at str5. (I have a banner). Then you have 20 attacks at I5 also at str5. You can have a total of 6 rerolls due to master crafted. The HG can chime in with 20 or so attacks in that round as well at I5. My biggest problem is having to take incoming fire after I consolidate.

Having two hard hitting units divides the attention of your opp.

I am new to BA this is an untried list but it is similar running all jump pack, a SP and Epistolary as a laser death star

I will run the epistolary, priest and Dante with the 5 Sang guard and banner. It will be interesting to see Dante with 7, I7, S5 re-rolled attacks on the charge. The Epistolary (unleash rage and sanguine sword) with up to 5, S10, I5 force weapon attacks then the Sang guard with their 20 odd S5 attacks and a priest backing them all hopefully on FNP FC preferred enemy and hit and run. Preferred enemy can be used on either players assault phase and hit and run?

I should worry about the lack of invuns on Dantes squad but I am going to just select targets carefully, the HG with 4 meltas and/or a CSed or full RAS can work with Dantes squad, melta slagging the worst of the CC monsters and providing a 4 plus cover save to shooting at Dantes boys if need be.

I don't propose to know a death star if it fell on me and I did not intend to make one but I suspect I have one here.

I have 2 Death Stars in my list. I run Dante with a SG. I also have a assault termie squad with liby in TDA with SS. I have a libby dread with wings that follows Dante around and I have another furioso dread cruise with the termies in a SR. The SG squad is a troop so they can cap points and what not. To back Dante up I have started running a HG with 4 meltas. I make sure that they keep Dante and crew in the FNP bubble. Dante hits at I7 with 7 attacks at str5. (I have a banner). Then you have 20 attacks at I5 also at str5. You can have a total of 6 rerolls due to master crafted. The HG can chime in with 20 or so attacks in that round as well at I5. My biggest problem is having to take incoming fire after I consolidate.

Having two hard hitting units divides the attention of your opp.

I am new to BA this is an untried list but it is similar running all jump pack, a SP and Epistolary as a laser death star

I will run the epistolary, priest and Dante with the 5 Sang guard and banner. It will be interesting to see Dante with 7, I7, S5 re-rolled attacks on the charge. The Epistolary (unleash rage and sanguine sword) with up to 5, S10, I5 force weapon attacks then the Sang guard with their 20 odd S5 attacks and a priest backing them all hopefully on FNP FC preferred enemy and hit and run. Preferred enemy can be used on either players assault phase and hit and run?

I should worry about the lack of invuns on Dantes squad but I am going to just select targets carefully, the HG with 4 meltas and/or a CSed or full RAS can work with Dantes squad, melta slagging the worst of the CC monsters and providing a 4 plus cover save to shooting at Dantes boys if need be.

I don't propose to know a death star if it fell on me and I did not intend to make one but I suspect I have one here.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Pie-plate!

Dante with a priest, libby and banner SG is insane. I am still trying to figure out whats better for my third elite choice: a) assault terms 2TH/SS or :D sang priests.

Obviously I don't know the rest of your list, so I may be way off in giving advice here, but with Dante in your list, the Sanguinary Guard count as Troops rather than Elites. Also, you can take up to 3 (1-3) Sanguinary Priests in one Elite slot. So, if you have Dante, a Sanguinary Priest and a unit of Sanguinary Guard, you can add two further Sanguinary Priests and still have two free Elite slots.

Archived