got a little carried away while modeling

puck

As I'm sure many of you can relate, I got swept up modeling and painting an assault squad. Without the codex in front of me (out of town) I kept thinking: "yeah I'm pretty sure that's legal"....

I now have the following squad:

power weapon/plasma pistol

power weapon/bolt pistol

chainsword/bolt pistol

chainsword/plasma pistol

powerfist/plasma pistol

All models have jump packs. The only way this squad is fieldable in its current state is as a vanguard squad but its quite expensive and I'm sure not cost effective. The easiest thing to do that I can see is to buy another box of jump troops, make them all chainsword/bolt pistol and use these guys as special weapons or sergeant alternates in an assault squad.

Does anybody have any other ideas?

Play it as Vanguard anyway and have fun? If you enjoyed painting it and modelling it, then why not play with it as they should be, as Veterans of the Chapter! I daresay you'd come up with some good strategies and have a lot of fun with them when it comes down to it.

Only other option would to remove the jumppacks(if that is possible), 5 of them could then be fielded as a command squad if you have a captain.

i would kit bash or pick up a jump pack Chappie and the scariest counter assault for 500 pts... (est.)

or

snap off those jump packs and you have five tactical sgts made and waiting for their squads to be blessed and assigned

or

again snap of those jump packs and kit bash the BP/Chain sword model into an apothecary and you have your self one high price CC focused Command squad.

or

leave them alone, and when you apply paint, make sure you paint all those power weapons as "plain combat blades" ie ccw and make the Power fist/plasma pistol model your Assault squad sgt. and do you as you mentioned and pick up another 5 assault marines for a full squad running x3 plasma pistols and a power fist (<fairly decent set up)

or...

:lol:

good luck sIr

leave them alone, and when you apply paint, make sure you paint all those power weapons as "plain combat blades" ie ccw and make the Power fist/plasma pistol model your Assault squad sgt.

+1

i would kit bash or pick up a jump pack Chappie and the scariest counter assault for 500 pts... (est.)

or

snap off those jump packs and you have five tactical sgts made and waiting for their squads to be blessed and assigned

or

again snap of those jump packs and kit bash the BP/Chain sword model into an apothecary and you have your self one high price CC focused Command squad.

or

leave them alone, and when you apply paint, make sure you paint all those power weapons as "plain combat blades" ie ccw and make the Power fist/plasma pistol model your Assault squad sgt. and do you as you mentioned and pick up another 5 assault marines for a full squad running x3 plasma pistols and a power fist (<fairly decent set up)

or...

:D

good luck sIr

Lots of good ideas, I hadn't thought of the command squad. They're already painted, they just need shoulderpads and bases. As is customary when requesting help, pics will be posted.

Archived