Sanguinary Phalanx Chapter Master

winterdyne

To make the shield you'll need:

Plasticard (about .5mm / .75mm thick is fine)

Circle cutter

Marking compass & pencil

A candle

A plastic ring, slighty larger than the diameter of the shield 'dome'

A marble

With the compass, mark the centre of the shield - and the diameter of the dome. Don't press the point right through the plasticard.

Set the compass slightly smaller and mark out the inner diameter of the rim (away from the dome).

Set the compass slightly larger than the dome diameter and mark out the outer diameter of the rim (about 3mm greater radius than the inside).

Cut the rim with the circle cutter. You'll find it easier to cut the outer edge first, then hold the plasticard and rotate it against the circle cutter to cut out the inside. Work slow and careful, the circle cutter is sharp and your fingers will be close. Better to go round a dozen times than slip. File the inside with a round file, and smooth the outside edge with a bit of emery paper.

Light the candle, and warm the plasticard over it. When it starts to go glossy, place it on the plastic ring (marked side up) and use the marble to form a shallow bowl. Ensure the bowl follows the circle you marked, with the centerpoint in the middle. Allow to cool.

With the circle cutter trim the dome (similar to the inside of the rim).

Glue it together with liquid poly cement.

That sword owns. The mini's face is awesome. I hate that model, just my own personal taste... seems space marines keep getting more bling and ridiculous as time goes on. Pretty soon we will see one wielding a kitchen sink. Love the paint. Edit, and that shield! Pure win.

... Pretty soon we will see one wielding a kitchen sink...

ARE YOU LISTENING, Angry Marines players? If only I got a commission to do stuff like that... I could go mad.... mad, I tell you.

The Angry Sink, Furious Power Toilet, and Force Step-ladder would come to play too.

Archived