Chaos Khorne Berzerkers

Papakeno

Hi. I'm quite new to this. I just wondered... I haven't played yet but soon I'm going to.

First I need to build my army.

My first set is 12 chaos khorne berzerkers. I am only happy with 9 of the paintjobs. Can I just use 9 of my chaos khorne berzerker squad when I play later on?

Cheers!

As far as I remember the squad size is Minimum 5, maximum 10 (or maybe 20?), so regardless 9 is just fine.

Ok, thanks! -_-

Mind if I ask what's wrong with the paint jobs last three? I'm just wondering what specifically made you dislike them from the others.

This was my first box with minis and I'm just not happy with the result on those three. To be more precise, it was the first three I was talking about :) So they won't fit with the rest and the upcoming as I want them to :devil:

Hi. I'm quite new to this. I just wondered... I haven't played yet but soon I'm going to.

My first set is 12 chaos khorne berzerkers. I am only happy with 9 of the paintjobs. Can I just use 9 of my chaos khorne berzerker squad when I play later on?

Cheers!

Hmmmm, not sure about that, you may have to see if your opponent doesn't mind, I mean....

Only kidding!

If you check the army list section in your Codex you'll find the entries for all the units you can take. Here it gives their stats, equipment, upgrades etc, and also their unit size. If you check that it'll tell you the minimum number of models you have to include in the unit, and the maximum amount you can include. For Khorne Bezerkers it says 5-20, so that means if you take Zerks you need at least 5 to field them, but can have as many as 20 of them if you want. So if you only have 9 painted up then only use those 9 if you want, there's a not a thing your opponent or GW can do, presuming the rest of your list is legal. Your army pretty much.

I think you'll find as well that most people will use around 8-10 Zerks in a unit. 8 is Khorne's number, so that's fluffy, while 10 is the maximum amount that will fit in a Rhino, while 9 is the max amount that'll fit in a Rhino with a HQ choice. However, I must admit that 20 Zerks on foot running across the board would be very, very intimidating.

Squad size is 5-20, so a squad of 9 would be absolutely fine - I usually run my Berserkers in squads of ten.

Thank you for the clarification. Very appreciated! :)

Would anyone have a suggestion for an armybuild? I'm really new, but I know you need HQ, elites, sergeants etc right? -_-

Cheers!

Hmmmm, not sure about that, you may have to see if your opponent doesn't mind, I mean....

Only kidding!

If you check the army list section in your Codex you'll find the entries for all the units you can take. Here it gives their stats, equipment, upgrades etc, and also their unit size. If you check that it'll tell you the minimum number of models you have to include in the unit, and the maximum amount you can include. For Khorne Bezerkers it says 5-20, so that means if you take Zerks you need at least 5 to field them, but can have as many as 20 of them if you want. So if you only have 9 painted up then only use those 9 if you want, there's a not a thing your opponent or GW can do, presuming the rest of your list is legal. Your army pretty much.

I think you'll find as well that most people will use around 8-10 Zerks in a unit. 8 is Khorne's number, so that's fluffy, while 10 is the maximum amount that will fit in a Rhino, while 9 is the max amount that'll fit in a Rhino with a HQ choice. However, I must admit that 20 Zerks on foot running across the board would be very, very intimidating.

Haha :) Okey, so hypothetically I would want to use 2 squads of 8? Or how many berzerkers would be useful when playing? From what I have heard there is a point cap of 2500 am I right?

Points cap depends on the game you are playing. Games are commonly 1750 points per side where I play (sometimes 1500).

The maximum practical game is about 2500 for most codicies. At around 3000 you just run out of FOC slots to buy more units with.

Use as many Zerks as you like. As myself and Warsmith have said 8-10 is the norm due to points and the fact that mech is king in 5th Ed. A lot of armies these days will try to get everything in a vehicle, but if you would prefer not to do that and play with your guy on foot then do that, in the end it's about having fun.

As for points limits, there are no points limit caps. You can play 10,000 points if you want (although you'll need multiple force org charts). If you're just starting I wouldn't recommend playing more than 1000pts to start with. This should give you enough units to appreciate the tactical diversity and flexibility of the game and your army, while also learning the core rules and eventually forming the core of your own army. Then you can start looking at expanding.

Just for your information though I find the most common points limits to be: 1000pts, 1500pts, 1750pts, 1850pts, 2000pts, 2500pts. Those seem to be the more common ones, depending on your area and gaming group. For example, my gaming group used to play 1000pts most the time, but then this increased to 1500pts, and with the increase at ToS to 1750pts. I've recently heard that Warhammer World now have a 1500pts cap on most their events, so likelihood it it could go back to 1500pts. However, other gaming areas may have 2000pts as standard, it really does depend. My advice would be to check with your local store and group. Certainly they should be a friendly bunch who will be prepared to drop down some points levels if needed to help you into the game.

However, I must admit that 20 Zerks on foot running across the board would be very, very intimidating.

that's what I normally do, 2 squads of 20, one of them with Khârn in the lead, 2 skull champs. one with PW and the other with PF. It's pretty scary.

I'd love to see you against a BA player I know who regularly fields 60 Assault Marines. Messy.

Use as many Zerks as you like. As myself and Warsmith have said 8-10 is the norm due to points and the fact that mech is king in 5th Ed. A lot of armies these days will try to get everything in a vehicle, but if you would prefer not to do that and play with your guy on foot then do that, in the end it's about having fun.

As for points limits, there are no points limit caps. You can play 10,000 points if you want (although you'll need multiple force org charts). If you're just starting I wouldn't recommend playing more than 1000pts to start with. This should give you enough units to appreciate the tactical diversity and flexibility of the game and your army, while also learning the core rules and eventually forming the core of your own army. Then you can start looking at expanding.

Just for your information though I find the most common points limits to be: 1000pts, 1500pts, 1750pts, 1850pts, 2000pts, 2500pts. Those seem to be the more common ones, depending on your area and gaming group. For example, my gaming group used to play 1000pts most the time, but then this increased to 1500pts, and with the increase at ToS to 1750pts. I've recently heard that Warhammer World now have a 1500pts cap on most their events, so likelihood it it could go back to 1500pts. However, other gaming areas may have 2000pts as standard, it really does depend. My advice would be to check with your local store and group. Certainly they should be a friendly bunch who will be prepared to drop down some points levels if needed to help you into the game.

Thank you a lot DarkGuard! I think I'm in for 1500p as a final result then considering what you said. :) I really enjoy the painting and I am looking to virtually create my army so I know what I should spend my money on.

As of now I have 12 (9 lol) berzerkers. Could anyone suggest me a 1750p chaos worldeater army that would be decent?

However, I must admit that 20 Zerks on foot running across the board would be very, very intimidating.

that's what I normally do, 2 squads of 20, one of them with Khârn in the lead, 2 skull champs. one with PW and the other with PF. It's pretty scary.

I'd love to see you against a BA player I know who regularly fields 60 Assault Marines. Messy.

That would be epic and fantastic to see. If this ever occurs I demand a battle report :).

Haha :) Okey, so hypothetically I would want to use 2 squads of 8? Or how many berzerkers would be useful when playing? From what I have heard there is a point cap of 2500 am I right?

Games are usually 1000-2500 points, 1750 is standard for most people. How many squads of Berserkers depends on what kind of army you want to play - you can have up to 6 squads if you want. Squads of 10 are most common so you can fit them in a Rhino APC (or a Land Raider) to protect them and get them into combat. Berserkers are troops choices, and you need at least 2 troops choices in your army but think about other option - Chaos Space Marines, Thousand Sons, Noise Marines, Plague Marines.

The only other thing you MUST have is at least 1 HQ choice. Probably the most common combination is a Daemon Prince for 1 choice and either a Chaos Lord or special character for the other. If you want an all-berserker army, consider Khârn the Betrayer - but watch out as there's a 1/6 chance of him hitting your own guys in combat.

Then there's all your optional choices: Elites, Heavy Support, Fast Attack. I'd suggest the best thing to do is read through COdex: Chaos Space Marines and start off choosing the units that you like the look/sound of the most, put together a small army list (probably max 1000) then modify it as you go along and get more models or try new tactics.

From a rules perspective, you can field the ugly guys. :) I can entirely sympathize however with you not wanting to field work you're not proud of. I am exactly the same way.

Games are usually 1000-2500 points, 1750 is standard for most people. How many squads of Berserkers depends on what kind of army you want to play - you can have up to 6 squads if you want. Squads of 10 are most common so you can fit them in a Rhino APC (or a Land Raider) to protect them and get them into combat. Berserkers are troops choices, and you need at least 2 troops choices in your army but think about other option - Chaos Space Marines, Thousand Sons, Noise Marines, Plague Marines.

The only other thing you MUST have is at least 1 HQ choice. Probably the most common combination is a Daemon Prince for 1 choice and either a Chaos Lord or special character for the other. If you want an all-berserker army, consider Khârn the Betrayer - but watch out as there's a 1/6 chance of him hitting your own guys in combat.

Then there's all your optional choices: Elites, Heavy Support, Fast Attack. I'd suggest the best thing to do is read through COdex: Chaos Space Marines and start off choosing the units that you like the look/sound of the most, put together a small army list (probably max 1000) then modify it as you go along and get more models or try new tactics.

Ok. Thanks for the information I will look up the codex. As for now I can say I like that Daemon Prince :) Scary!

From a rules perspective, you can field the ugly guys. msn-wink.gif I can entirely sympathize however with you not wanting to field work you're not proud of. I am exactly the same way.

Haha yeah :D It's kinda like I want to build my army from that perspective lol! No but seriously, these 3 berzerkers will not fit. As for now I think I'd even bench a fourth due to my recently found out, KHORNE-recipe-of-8-in-a-squad, tip! :)

Anyone that would have any suggestions of an worldeater army setup? :)

From a rules perspective, you can field the ugly guys. msn-wink.gif I can entirely sympathize however with you not wanting to field work you're not proud of. I am exactly the same way.

Haha yeah :D It's kinda like I want to build my army from that perspective lol! No but seriously, these 3 berzerkers will not fit. As for now I think I'd even bench a fourth due to my recently found out, KHORNE-recipe-of-8-in-a-squad, tip! :)

Khârn

As many World Eaters as you can get.

Khârn

I read Khârn is really a badass! Hm, I'm still puzzled on what to get hold of.

Khârn

I also thoroughly recommend buying a Vindicator or three.

Khârn

I also thoroughly recommend buying a Vindicator or three.

Ok.

So, from what I have heard/read:

HQ:

Daemon Prince

Khârn the Betrayer

Troops:

8 Khorne Berzerkers

Vehicles:

3 Vindicators

So if I want 1750p what else should I get, or what do i need to get in order to have a functional good army?

Also, for fun factor consider Khornate Terminators. Give them melee weapons, put them in a Raider and the icon of Khorne will give them +1A. Also, for fluffiness see if you like running the squads in units of 8 or multiples of 8 (including the Aspiring Champion), that is Khorne's number after the all. The same to be said of Lesser Daemons, use Bloodletter models in units of 8, and if you have the Greater Daemon use the Bloodthirster model. IMO Khornate Raptors could fit in well, they have jump packs and like Assault.

In addition to Khârn consider using a Khornate Daemon Prince, but try to avoid using Sorcerors or Thousand Sons and indeed Tzeenthian units, as Khorne doesn't like psykers. Also double think about using Slaaneshi units, as I believe Khorne isn't Slaanesh's biggest fan.

On a tactical viewpoint, if you're running Zerks in squads of 10 or less consider putting them in Rhinos if you want them to move quickly and be protected from fire, although it will require a bit of practise to get the hang of assaulting units from them as you can't assault out of a moving Rhino.

I'd suggest finding a way to get some more anti-vehicle firepower in there; Vindicators are not the best AT platforms, and Berzerkers are melee focused. If nothing else, you need a way to crack open transports so your berzerkers can charge in and kill whatever is inside the transports with satisfying thoroughness.

Archived