Chaos Khorne Berzerkers

Papakeno

Also, for fun factor consider Khornate Terminators. Give them melee weapons, put them in a Raider and the icon of Khorne will give them +1A. Also, for fluffiness see if you like running the squads in units of 8 or multiples of 8 (including the Aspiring Champion), that is Khorne's number after the all. The same to be said of Lesser Daemons, use Bloodletter models in units of 8, and if you have the Greater Daemon use the Bloodthirster model. IMO Khornate Raptors could fit in well, they have jump packs and like Assault.

In addition to Khârn consider using a Khornate Daemon Prince, but try to avoid using Sorcerors or Thousand Sons and indeed Tzeenthian units, as Khorne doesn't like psykers. Also double think about using Slaaneshi units, as I believe Khorne isn't Slaanesh's biggest fan.

On a tactical viewpoint, if you're running Zerks in squads of 10 or less consider putting them in Rhinos if you want them to move quickly and be protected from fire, although it will require a bit of practise to get the hang of assaulting units from them as you can't assault out of a moving Rhino.

Alright. So I can mix terminators, berzerkers and bloodletters combined with Khârn and the bloodthirster + some rhinos for transport. Would that be alright?

1 Khârn

1 Bloodthirster

8 berzerkers

8 bloodletters

5 terminators

3 rhinos

I'd suggest finding a way to get some more anti-vehicle firepower in there; Vindicators are not the best AT platforms, and Berzerkers are melee focused. If nothing else, you need a way to crack open transports so your berzerkers can charge in and kill whatever is inside the transports with satisfying thoroughness.

Hm, from what I have written above, what would you suggest that I'd add?

Obliterators have always been the go-to choice for long-range anti-vehicle firepower with Chaos. Predators can also do alright in that role, if you don't want Obliterators. Also a lot of people are fond of Deep Striking combi-melta equipped Terminators, or using melta-Chosen to Infiltrate or Outflank; they technically aren't long-range firepower, but their mobility/ability to get a good field position with melta makes them a decent substitute.

Papakeno,

Welcome to 40k, man!

I would do the following:

1. Buy the Chaos Space Marine Codex and the Basic Rule Book.

2. Read them before you buy anything else.

3. Go to the Khorne tactica area here.

4. Read through the threads there and get a feel for what people are running and why.

5. Read the Chaos Space Marine Codex again. Skim the Basic Rule Book.

6. Read through the Chaos Army Lists

7. Skim through the Chaos Space Marine Codex and Basic Rule Book again.

Once you have done all of that, you will figure out what will be fun for you. Then, and only then, go pick up some more units. The last thing you want to do is buy something, paint it, and then be unhappy with how it performs or that it isn't fun to you (worse).

Happy gaming!

Papakeno,

Welcome to 40k, man!

I would do the following:

1. Buy the Chaos Space Marine Codex and the Basic Rule Book.

2. Read them before you buy anything else.

3. Go to the Khorne tactica area here.

4. Read through the threads there and get a feel for what people are running and why.

5. Read the Chaos Space Marine Codex again. Skim the Basic Rule Book.

6. Read through the Chaos Army Lists

7. Skim through the Chaos Space Marine Codex and Basic Rule Book again.

Once you have done all of that, you will figure out what will be fun for you. Then, and only then, go pick up some more units. The last thing you want to do is buy something, paint it, and then be unhappy with how it performs or that it isn't fun to you (worse).

Happy gaming!

Alright! :P This is some good advice man! I think you're right, I won't be hasty in any kind of way just because I bought one box of berzerkers. I'll read through and see what fits me! Thank you :)

And thank you all for the advice given. I'm off reading lol ;)

Archived