Calling Mark Ferek ?!

Morticon

Yeah, if you look at pictures of that orks game his army was absolutely trashed, I believe it was won on table quarters. I'd like to see more about what he did against other opponents as well.

You bring up a good point that his list really is not a combat oriented list, it's an IG-style stall and gun list. Personally I think that takes some of the fun away from the game because the idea is to overwhelm the opponent with a bunch of crap units that they have to kill through while you sit objectives and gun. Definitely not my preferred style of play. Worth noting aside from the wolf guard list, most of the other marine lists were very similar in structure that made it to the championships.

I did some research through google using his name, and found a batrep from dashofpepper over on dakkadakka. It seems that he used all the rhinos as a wall to block all mobility of the enemies vehicles while retreating his troops back to find cover while his predators unleashed their firepower.

I don't know is this was his tactic in all games, but that is all I've found so far.

:rolleyes: Thanks for the research!

Interesting tactic!

Archived