The "only" usefull captain in the dex

Demoulius

Hey guys, as i kinda failed the painting challenge i still have to make ammends with a lexeicanum aritcle.

And since im looking to add a captain to my list (as opposed to a liby all of the time ;)) and sadly i find only 1 captain in the dex is semi-usefull in any list whatsoever. Il make an article alongside pictures on how to make this simple (in my eyes at least) special character!

enter Tycho.

Sure hes less of a close combat beast but TBH not hard to make DIY kitbash off :) also since I have a preference for support characters he will fit in nicely ;)

His rules mean he has power weapon attacks (thus give him a power weapon) a hes a custom combi-weapon (thus give him a combi-weapon...) thats his weapons covered :)

he has artificer armour? well add some bling to him with the new BA box sets and youve got custom artificer armour B)

his special rules can be explained with a fluffy reasoning (much the same as the codex now allready does..) and his rites of battle-esque rule is something every captain should have imho so im not going to give an explanation for that ^_^

currently at work so obviously cant construct anything now :) when i get home il see about making the model and getting some pictures up :)

Tycho remains one of my favourite HQs, I used him consistantly from when he was made (a little over a year ago now) till I made my Dante (a few months back now)

He may not be the combat monster that so many others are, but he can hold his own as proven by him, 5 sternguard and a priest getting charged by a 9 man Thousand Sons unit led by a sorcerer, a 10 man chaos marine squad led by a champion with fist and a 10 man Berzerker squad.

With some help from 5 vanguard (two power weapons) They killed off all the chaos marines, leaving Tycho still alive and unheart at the end of it.

(admittedly, this game also had a chaos lord kill 8 out of 9 tactical marines in one round of combat, just to get Insta-killed by the sergeant with a fist B) )

I built my own tycho using a mix of sanguinary guard and DC parts, and the combi-melta from a SM Commander box (I do need to add a power weapon to him somewhere).

I also gave him a SG deathmask just for appearance.

In terms of gameplay, Tycho is probably the captain I would use the most (or counts as Astorath or Seth as captains). Rites of battle makes him worth considering.

I like Tycho's fluff and stats.. I just don't like the model. I've been thinking about using a Sanguinary Guard pair of legs and torso combined with some sort of power weapon, a SM Commander combiweapon and a face with a green stuffed mask... It's still a long way from happening though. Lots of other projects that get in the way (like my scratch-build Veteran Sergeant Lukas Bastonne).

Archived