Master of the Forge

rusty1109

Hi all,

I've finally finished my MOTF (on foot with conversion beamer), so pleased with him that I made up a tiny bit of fluff.

He's the oldest currently serving techmarine in the imperium and he was given his twin frost blades Caledfwlch and Móralltach by the chapter master of the space wolves for his aid in repairing Bjorn the Fell-Handed after a particularly nasty encounter with the Necrons.

Anyway here are the pics:

gallery_44139_3380_436444.jpg

gallery_44139_3380_786507.jpg

gallery_44139_3380_314026.jpg

gallery_44139_3380_661829.jpg

gallery_44139_3380_2407.jpg

gallery_44139_3380_146151.jpg

Thoughts welcome!

That's a massive gun.

A few things that could help showcase your conversions.

The best thing you could do is try and be a bit more neat and tidy with your paint work. Maybe paint the cape a differnet colour to the armour. I'd avoid bright colours that would distract for the armour itself. Same goes for the mold lines. A bit more time removing them makes a big difference.

Cool model though. It'll certainly get the attention of your opponents.

The paint is a bit thick, try watering it down and applying more layers. It's more time consuming but for centrepiece models the results are worth it. Also would like to see more contrast, maybe a dark wash in the recesses will help.

On the other hand, that gun is MASSIVE (figuratively and literally), it shouldn't work but it does and I really like it, I don't know why I just do.

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments, I was plesantly suprised myself when the conversion beamer seemed to 'gel' with the model despite its large size, I explain it by having the servo skull doing all the targeting and aiming while the master himself focuses on fighting.

I really wanted him to have the tech look without losing the martial presence that most other HQ's come with automatically.

The paint job is about as good as it's going to get for me, hopefully I can come back to him when I've improved my skills. For now though I'd rather have him on the table painted next to my dreadnoughts.

No-one complained about my fluff despite the copius amount of name dropping which is nice!

Good spot btw warmaster, tis indeed a commander cape, he also donated one of the sword arms (mostly willingly)!

Cheers all,

Rusty

You didn't give me the chance to comment about the fluff :D

First, oldest surviving techmarine? Don't be the most anything, the Imperium is a huge place and chances are there is someone older/faster/better than your DIY.

The Space Wolf thing is nice, but make a random venerable, one of their oldest but not the oldest. Again, the most thing.

Other than that, keep it :D

Archived