6th Edition Rumors and Bolter DC

appiah4

If the current rumors about the new turn organization (basically, assault before shoot) in 6th Edition is true, would this render the Bolter DC completely useless?

Just asking because I'm making 10 of these, already finished 5 of them, and will likley stop at 5 and make the rest CCW/BP..

Anyone know how how the assault-shoot order works in Fantasy Battles? How such a turn would affect Bolter DC?

I would imagine the person that wrote those rumors is having a good laugh.

This is what I've been thinking. It's far too easy to whip a volatile group like the 40k community in to a frenzy by saying you heard something from a "reliable source."

Take EVERY rumor with a grain of salt.

Or you could magnetise both options if it really worries you :huh:

CTK

Magnetizing the metal models (which I have) is a pain.. I'd rather not have to do it.

Lol, I know, tell me about it. I am also doing DC at the moment an using a couple metal ones, which I am trying to magnetise the back packs / jump packs.

CTK

6th Edition! Come on guys, find something a bit more immediate to worry about!

There will be loads of play testing, with tweeks to rules, experimentation, some really wild alterations, with the intention of playing proposed changes to destruction. Some people who take part in playtests will be straight on the forums saying what they did in the test will definitely be in the new rules. Some people like to boast about their proximity to power, that they had it straight from Alessio that 'false line of sight' would replace 'true line of sight', all infantry would count as jump, blah blah blah,

Then, 4 months before release some-one claiming to be a woman will put up a 'totally true pdf of the real 6th edition rules', people will smash up their figures, rewrite their army lists, then it will turn out to be a teenage boy with too much time on his hands, and...

Not till I hold a hardback rulebook with 6th edition on the front which I've bought from Games Workshop will I make any alterations to my army or play style!

Then, 4 months before release some-one claiming to be a woman will put up a 'totally true pdf of the real 6th edition rules', people will smash up their figures, rewrite their army lists, then it will turn out to be a teenage boy with too much time on his hands, and...

LOL. I remember that. I kinda liked that 'dex.

Not till I hold a hardback rulebook with 6th edition on the front which I've bought from Games Workshop will I make any alterations to my army or play style!

Only sane option. :P

If those rumors are true, then, yes, it would seem bolter DC will be nerfed beyond all repair.

BUT - who knows if those rumors are true. I remember MUCH wailing and gnashing of teeth before Fantasy 8th ed came out. I even allowed myself to fall victim to the hysteria. "Oh, God! My Warriors of Chaos army is going to suck!!", I cried. But, 8th edition rolled around, and if anything, my army got even more powerful. The only frustrating thing was that the rules changes basically forced me to buy a bunch of new stuff, which is, I am sure exactly what GW intended.

Only sane option. :)

That is my MO as well.

Plus if you're just playing with friends, "house rules" trump everything.

If the current rumors about the new turn organization (basically, assault before shoot) in 6th Edition is true, would this render the Bolter DC completely useless?

Two things:

-There is no way that they ruin all assault weapons (why would anyone ever take a flamer for example).

-There is no way they ruin relentless, especially since the rumor suggests that they wrote the BA codex with 6th edition in mind (all codecies since Tyranids were written with 6th edition in mind)

Assaults may come before shooting, but I'd bet diamonds to donuts that they will have a mechanic that allows for relentless models and assault weapons to be used in conjunction with an assault.

Just do what I do, build an army then take so long painting it that when you do finish a new codex or edition comes out meaning you have to change everything lol

'

Well not everything, but some things :)

That sounds like my Space Wolves army. The sad part is while the codex didn't change my army much it meant that i couldn't use the new fancy power weapons and fists in my squads :-(.

Archived