Hq units that are missing the Independent character rule

ZONKEY

If a hq is missing the independent character rule does that mean that they can't join a squad ?

That is correct. If they don't have the IC rule, they are not ICs and can not join squads.

Unless a squad can be purchased that explicitly accompanies the character- such as the Techmarine's servitors, or Grand Master Mordrak's Ghost Knights.

Squads that are unlocked by the character cannot automatically join the character; Honor Guards unlocked by Mephiston cannot be attached to him, for example.

And this isn't limited to HQ units (see: BA Techmarines)

Ug, don't remind me. That was such a disappointment to me when I made the change; the one thing I miss most about the vanilla Dex is the MotF. 2 wounds, 2+, and a servo harness was not only my LR mechanic...he was also a pain-train.

Back on topic: Other ICs cannot join these "always alone" HQs either, as the IC rules expressly forbid them from joining units that are "always composed of one model".

however, Mordrak is an exception, as he is not a unit that always consists of 1 unit, he can be joined by IC's :P

Fairplay, Paladin Nurglez. :)

This would apply to BA Techmarines, too; no IC rule, but if you give them Servitors, an IC could join that unit.

an IC can join the unit weather or not you give them servitors, theya re not always a unit of one, the option exists to extend thier unit. Simlarly a tyranic IC may join a lone carnifex, because they can be a unit up to three, weather or not the aditional models were purchased is not relivent.

This would apply to BA Techmarines, too; no IC rule, but if you give them Servitors, an IC could join that unit.

an IC can join the unit weather or not you give them servitors, theya re not always a unit of one, the option exists to extend thier unit.

Yea they're weird like that. Still, I wish they had the IC rule...so they could ride around with the LR posse.

Archived