Sanguinus Sculpt, Blood Angels

lilloser

Cheeky post, I thought i;d put this here as well. I've been commissioned to sculpt the legion's primarch. Only now do I feel it is presentable enough to show W.I.P pics of.

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x450/LilLoser2011/P1000914.jpg

LilLoser

Well the spear of telesto is not just from the novels but in the actual fluff so yes he is but dont look down on it.

I'm not looking down on it, even if it was from the novels. I actually rather enjoyed the first two James Swallow books... But not so much the later ones for obvious reasons.

I would say that the model looks utterly fantastic. It is very ellegant, but I think that is where it's flaw starts to show, I think it is so ellegant to the point that it is aproaching the point of looking a bit to elven (or eldar...ish?). Either way though, it's a hell of a lot better than i could sculpt/convert our primarch.

High ranking Blood Angels veterans often have skeletal bones superimposed on their boots... Astorath, Lemartes, Dante, etc. I wish I had sculpted the bones on my Sanguinary Guard boots.

I find the image of the sculpt fascinating. It is unique and works for me. I want one.

:huh:

G :HQ:

uhhhh... wow! This is awesome. The armor itself is brilliant. My only critique, the wings look a little like butterfly or fairy wings to me. Some a little more "angelic" would seem to fit the fluff more, IMHO.

uhhhh... wow! This is awesome. The armor itself is brilliant. My only critique, the wings look a little like butterfly or fairy wings to me. Some a little more "angelic" would seem to fit the fluff more, IMHO.

That may be because of the dual sets of wings, and actually, the bible scripture describes angels as having different types, statuses and forms. The Seraphim, the warrior angels that the BA are (loosely) based off of, did have four wings. They may have even had six, but I may be mixing them up with another kind of angel, since my grasp on theism is vague and shaky at best. There may be someone more steeped in biblical lore around to go into further detail but I know for a fact that there are more than just the two-winged cherubs you see on tv and movies.

That may be because of the dual sets of wings, and actually, the bible scripture describes angels as having different types, statuses and forms. The Seraphim, the warrior angels that the BA are (loosely) based off of, did have four wings. They may have even had six, but I may be mixing them up with another kind of angel, since my grasp on theism is vague and shaky at best. There may be someone more steeped in biblical lore around to go into further detail but I know for a fact that there are more than just the two-winged cherubs you see on tv and movies.

In Christian Heaven there are Three Spheres. In the First Sphere are Angels, the lowest ranking of Heaven's Officials. They are messengers to Earth and are depicted with one set of wings or with no wings at all looking like a normal human. Next rank is Archangels but still in the First Sphere.

The Third Sphere are where the Cherubs and Seraphims are. Cherubs have four faces (man, lion, something something) and four wings. Seraphims have 6 wings on fire.

Everything inbetween is administration with ranks like "Powers", "Virtues" and "Dominions". All different ranks of the Second Sphere.

So essentially, all Blood Angels are messengers. And that message would be "Death, Death, DEATH!!"

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived