Using a super heavy from reserve via Spearhead

dizzy-xc

I'll quickly state my case for RAW.

Let us say I go to play at a club where I have never played before. I might have moved, or the old club went down the drain and someone started a new one. I do not of any of their houserules, they do not know of any of the houserules I might be familiar with. All that leaves us is RAW. Same if I ever go to a tournament or join league play with people I haven't played with before. RAW once again. It is the one thing we all have as common ground.

Your right, RAW is all we have in some cases.

In many cases there isnt a RAW, or the one we have does not adequately cover the situation. Whens the last time an FAQ brought up cities of death for example.

In any case, unless people start getting off the philosophy and back to the rules in this thread it will be closed.

Khorne on a cob I come back after years of being away and you're all back into RAW/RAI wars again :D

From the FAQ, grabbed from the GW site ten minutes ago:

Q: What happens when a unit arrives from reserves but is unable to completely move onto the board? (p94) A: The unit is destroyed and removed from play.
A six inch move order means a tank that is twelve inches long is unable to completely move onto the board. Whether your opponent lets you move six inches and rotate or not, you're going to be half off the board, which would be unable to completely move onto the board. Thus, destruction of vehicle.

Probably serves you right for using a super heavy in a normal game anyway ;) :P

Edit: Which, incidentally, is what the first response in the thread said. C'mon guys.

Khorne on a cob I come back after years of being away and you're all back into RAW/RAI wars again :D

From the FAQ, grabbed from the GW site ten minutes ago:

Q: What happens when a unit arrives from reserves but is unable to completely move onto the board? (p94) A: The unit is destroyed and removed from play.
A six inch move order means a tank that is twelve inches long is unable to completely move onto the board. Whether your opponent lets you move six inches and rotate or not, you're going to be half off the board, which would be unable to completely move onto the board. Thus, destruction of vehicle.

Probably serves you right for using a super heavy in a normal game anyway ;) :P

Edit: Which, incidentally, is what the first response in the thread said. C'mon guys.

So a SH turns on its center axis? Then yes, that kills a SH tank from deploying via reserve because 25% of it is hanging off the board. Some have said it can deploy sideways from reserve. That isnt really the case now, is it? Then why would the spearhead rule allow a SH tank to deploy via reserve if it cant? How do we get it on the table in a tournament?

So a SH turns on its center axis? Then yes, that kills a SH tank from deploying via reserve because 25% of it is hanging off the board. Some have said it can deploy sideways from reserve. That isnt really the case now, is it? Then why would the spearhead rule allow a SH tank to deploy via reserve if it cant? How do we get it on the table in a tournament?
The BRB defines tank movement quite succinctly with regards to turns and such from movement.

There are no rules in (my copy of) the SpearHead expansion that somehow override the movement rules - all it says is a SH takes a hit for being a big bugger if it isn't deployed in reserve.

So an errata on behalf of the authors maybe, maybe not. The rules are pretty clear here, whether we think they are wrong or not.

Now if it had said something which overrode the movement rules, I'd be weighing right on in.

Archived