Rhino Question

Coldblooded

You don't need to surround it, you don't have to get many models in B2B with a rhino to prevent things getting out,

No, you do have to completely surround it. If your opponent only covers the access points, you can emergency disembark on their turn and do stuff on your turn.

Well, you are both correct, really. If you have a full squad in a transport and you can't emergency disembark ALL of them without each and every model in the unit being 1" away from his units, then you lose the unit. That's the nitty-gritty of it.

You actually only lose the models that cannot be placed.

As far as Rhinos are concerned, I can't understand why they don't let you disembark on to the roof through the top firing hatch. Let's face it, if its big enough for multi-meltas, HBs, Plasma Cannons etc to be deployed and fired out of, then surely its big enough for my marines to scramble out of if necessary! Even if you were then forced to jump off the roof into CC at I1 it would be better than twiddling your thumbs inside saying "sorry Bob, the door seems a bit blocked, and we're not supposed to climb out of the top due to Health & Safety!" ;)

Have any of you ever tried to climb out of a wreck?

It's not easy.

Besides a fully surrounded rhino will kill everything on a 5 result, and on a 6 will kill all but 2 models.

Hell, if you can surround the front 50% most things inside on an explodes result, even if they can disembark safely on a wreck

Have any of you ever tried to climb out of a wreck?

It's not easy.

To be honest, I have not. I infer from this that you have. (Glad you are still with us, btw.)

Tell me this though.

When you climbed out of said-wreck, were you wearing power armor that was wired directly into your massive, genetically altered super body? Because if you were, I imagine you'd have smashed the hatch out of your way...and probably several other hatches just because you were wearing power armor that was directly wired into your massive, genetically altered super body.

Archived