Blood Lance

Wouldnt this be a template weapon? If my libby hits 5 termies in a row, do I have to roll a "to Hit" for each of the five termies? Not a big fan of the wording or minimal thought that was put into that FAQ. There are a few others out there that are also "template" style psychic attacks, the world wolf thingies from SW being one of them.

Wouldnt this be a template weapon? If my libby hits 5 termies in a row, do I have to roll a "to Hit" for each of the five termies? Not a big fan of the wording or minimal thought that was put into that FAQ. There are a few others out there that are also "template" style psychic attacks, the world wolf thingies from SW being one of them.

Blood Lance hits units not models. Each unit touched takes 1 hit, you do not need to roll to hit.

No, you don't need to roll to hit at all. The FAQ said that exceptions made in the Codex still hold true. The BA codex makes this rule an exception, because it automatically hits all units it comes into contact with.

I stand to be corrected here, but is the "exceptions made in the Codex" bit not noted in the BRB as oppoed to the FAQ? Or is it in the FAQ too.

Archived