Digital Weapons

Purdy81

Just wondering if having digital weapons would allow for a reroll on the vehicle damage chart if I was attacking with a melta or Krak grenade? or do they only work with Standard CC weapons? or not against vehicles at all?

Cant see anything about them in the BRB

QUOTE (Codex: Space Marines @ Pg.98)

A model armed with digital weapons can re-roll a single failed roll to wound in each Assult phase.

This is completely useless against vehicles.

Dswanick is correct. To elucidate further: you do not roll to wound vehicles; you roll to penetrate them. Vehicles don't have wounds at all. :)

Cant see anything about them in the BRB

That is because they aren't in the BRB, they are in C:SM and C:GK.

As the others have said, vehicles don't have wounds, and your roll to pen against them, not wound. Therefore, digi weapons are useless against them.

Cheers guys worth asking, the chaplains re rolls to hit would work with grenades though right?

I believe so as it seems to be worded that the Chaplain lets the squad re-roll all failed attacks to hit in combat, so I'd imagine that extends to grenades.

Cheers guys worth asking, the chaplains re rolls to hit would work with grenades though right?

I believe so as it seems to be worded that the Chaplain lets the squad re-roll all failed attacks to hit in combat, so I'd imagine that extends to grenades.

Yep, DG's on the money here. Chaplain and Preferred Enemy attack re-rolls work. Wound rerolls only work against things you're trying to wound. ;)

I'm afraid Preferred Enemy doesn't work against vehicles without WS thade, so against Dreads it does work, but against Rhinos it's a no go.

I balked. I denied. I looked. And.

Nothing sucks more than discovering you were effectively cheating for the past year or more. >_<

Anyway, there it is. Chaplain, Yes. Pref Enem, no. Digital Weapons...no.

I'm afraid Preferred Enemy doesn't work against vehicles without WS thade, so against Dreads it does work, but against Rhinos it's a no go.

Nothing sucks more than discovering you were effectively cheating for the past year or more. >_<

There's a difference between intentional an unintentional cheating. If you didn't know then that's cool, just don't do it again now that you know :).

There's a difference between intentional an unintentional cheating. If you didn't know then that's cool, just don't do it again now that you know :).

I agree - perform the Rite of Penitence and the Rite of Absolution, and just be glad you are not subject to the Rite of Chastisement, Brother.

I agree - perform the Rite of Penitence and the Rite of Absolution, and just be glad you are not subject to the Rite of Chastisement, Brother.

My marines just got sent on a hundred year crusade. Party!!

My marines just got sent on a hundred year crusade. Party!!

Hundred year crusade? Easy, you got off lightly there mate :P. My Marines may come along just for the party :).

Archived