servo skull artwork

Sgt.Rob

Looking at the servo skull all the highlights suggest the flame is in front of it but the composition suggests the fire is behind. Personally I would remove the fire itself and just add the suggestion of a lightsource from the bottom right corner or you could sit the skull further back in the image by shrinking it slightly. Nice work though

hey thanks for the imput and props everybody! I worked on this bad dog some considering your imput and also added some things that help give the image a story. guess the inquisition didnt think that purity seal belonged with its previous owner.

gallery_15495_4875_126440.jpg

and now something from the peanut gallery....

I see an 'odd' twist in the skull. in the area from the teeth to the nose the perspective twists to the viewers right then seems to twist left at the forehead. Not sure if it is the speaker, the skull, or the shadows that are off.

The skull looks nice, very realist and sharp. Then you added some metal bits and blurred them. I don't think that works for this piece. Add some blur to the skull or straighten out the metals, then blur everything together.

Lastly, depended on where the purity seal and fire was, I think that there should be some large shadow on the skull.

oh well,just my two cent. Keep it up, it's looking good.

The marine has slimmer thighs than I do. Mebbe thicken him up a touch.

I'd agree with the above poster, the wolf looks like it's wearing a doggy-mac.

How about some dead ice fiends in the background? Troll? Blood spatter, the icefiends would be blue, and I 90% sure the troll is green. Read Ragnars Claw etc to make sure.

Ill wait to see how the wolf amour forms up then, with your skills youll pull it off and it should contrast well with the wolf fur.

I should have waited till it was finished before commenting sorry. That said now this peice progressing any up dates? On a side note what do they call the dog covers in NYC?

Somehow when I look at him it feel like the arms holding the frostblade feels off. Like it's too high for the sword to be resting that way naturally without tipping over and falling down behind him.

TDA

havent had a whole lot of time but I did take in to account some of the things you boys suggested and its getting closer to being f finished.

as a side note the troll in the BG didnt work. although it migh if it took up lostg ( I cant BAck space) the whole BG.gallery_15495_4875_257385.jpg

Archived