Legio Angellus

Alright guys so I'm off to Future Leader Camp at my college tommorrow. I will not be working on my chapter physically speaking. However I will begin my IA or at least attempt at it. I do not believe I will have internet so I will probably post it afterwards ont he first of august or something. Now I will be working on an adeptas soriritas model for my mothers way overdue mother's day present (I screwed up the dates and then the model was late. Then the color scheme pissed me off, and then I was out of my league at the itme to paint it how I wanted it to be painted). However I might bring captain minsc (the scout captain) with me to work on if I finish her fairly quickly.

Also I was going to start a slamanders army, but I decided to just use the models I bought to beef out my Legio Angellus options. But I was wondeirng if anyone has a count as idea I could do for Vulkan He'stan. I want my chapter to be as caring about the people a they are so I might say some interaction. Because I am the complete opposite of the Marines Malevolent. Plus he is incredibly bad arse (not sure about swearing rules. gotta reread the manual :) ) and I really like his wargear and special rules.

Thanks again,

Brother Excedis

Alright so I have some questions for different squad marking ideas. I want to do something to make my squad sergeants stand out a bit like a gold helmet or something. Now I am doing yellow helmets for assault troopers and blue ones for devastators. But does anyone have any ideas (other then white helmets) for how to differentiate between each of the different types of troopers and sergeants as well? I would kind of like each sergeant to have the same distinction but it could be different.

• 4 months later...

alright not sure if this is against rules here but I guess im using the necronomicon here.

Been at military college as a rook for the past while nad just got some time where we can be normal (finals week). so I built this guy. He is to be a count as Sanguinor.

gallery_62017_6274_14458.jpg

I call him the Sanguine Champion for now....cant think of a better name so far. Buddy of mine gave me the idea of Fallen Blood. Like it but not sure where to go from there with it.

Little background on his fluff. Came up with this thanks to CKO and The Batman of the liber...forgot his name for now...might take a bowling ball for this....

Concept:

Every brother of the Legio Angellus suffers from the curse and fights it off. They believe in their oaths they take when they join and as they continue to serve the chapter. Thye take the oath to never fall to the rage, but should they do to fight for the remaining brother's protection at all costs on the battlefield. Some still fall, however it is speculated that it is do to this oath taking and the mental fortitude of the marine combined that makes this chapter a bit more resistant to the curse as it seems. However, some, a highly rare few, do fall to the curse. But they remain lucid even as they lose their mind. Sometimes they believe they are sanguinius, others that they are his sanguinary guard. Sometimes they are not sure who they are but merely that they have something they need to do and it goes above and beyond all else.

The chaplains and Sanguinary priests believe it has to do with the oath each marine takes. They believe that the oath is so strong and ingrained in the marine's mind that they cannot break it even as they fall. Even the Librarians believe it has something to do with this, but they feel there is something else amiss in the warp with each one, as they gain incredible skilla t arms, affect their fellow marines, and are unstoppable because of sheer will.

Because of these reasons each of these marines are equipped with the best armor and power sword they have available. Specifically a sword because usually they refuse all else. They are given a bolt pistol, although they never use it for reasons the priests cannot explain.

However easily the most peculiar part of this is that it does not always last. If one of them does not fall in battle then they have a high chance of simply collapsing. WHen they wake up they remember only the smallest glimmer of what happened. claiming something took them over that they could not comprehend as they fought of the rage. The librarians are very wary of these individuals, watching them closely. However they do not fear these individuals to much because some have become high in the chapter, a couple of the captains and even Commander Excedis himself being one of them. However some do not fall and are quietly dealt with, while others descend into the true rage. Some begin to claim high rights of power and challenge the nearest captain and are cut down. Two have even challenged Astorath the Grim himself!

THanks guys.....sorry bout the huge wall of text....just looked at that :tu:

edit: and sorry bout the image quality....only have a webcam right now...

The fluff for your sanguine champion sounds a bit like DC just without Astorath coming along to lop off their heads. I think the thing with the Black Rage is that it is virtually impossible to overcome it, only two have (meph and a brother - forget the name now), lemartes only keeps his in check.

If you're using him as Sanguinor then you wouldnt necesarily need to change the fluff as he shows up for all BA chapters, although you could still do some fluff on why he is named differently, same as astorath. But ultimatley, Sanguinor is something of a mythical figure, no-one knows what he really is, where he comes from etc just that he is bad ass

Model looks sweet though. What are the constituent parts from?

TJ

That is true about the DC adn I was trying to hit at something slightly different with him. With the man acting comepletly normal while still insane. I did this because I am not such a a big fan of the Sanguinor's fluff...great rule set and a cool looking model but the fluff? Its ok.

As for the parts? Just Sanguinors backpack witht he scrolls chopped a bit short and bent back, The Emeperor's Champion with his sword arm tilted down. He will have a bolt pistol strapped to his hip I just dont have the tools to clip the excess pewter from it right now ;)

Thanks

Excedis

Granted it is rather messianic and it does seem to be one of the less believable HQ fluffs for the Space marines. (though I may be showing my ignorance here).

However it is you're IA. And having thought about it a little, having the essence of the sanguinor (or sanguinius himself) manifest himself in one chosen marine on the eve of every battle is a cool concept.

Perhaps you could explain it less as a curse, or a deslusion which does sound a bit DC and state that they are well aware of who they are, their surroundings, their mission, and just say that they have been chosen.

From there on in the rest of the fluff works pretty well(best weapons and armour, Chap master being a champion, amiss in the warp). I would again just leave out the challenge astorath and captains as you're dipping into DC again.

thought it was the Emps Champ. The sword down pose is pretty effective

Best

TJ

Your not showing any ignorance here. While its a pretty cool fluff something about it struck me as off adn unbelievable.

The manifestation of hte Sanguinor in one marine is what I was gunning at. Octavulg gave me the idea of him being an oddity of a death company marine. Using the black rage to explain why it happens (i.e. the psychic memory manifestations).

With this being my IA and fluff and everything, while that may be true it wont be as believable as if my brothers (and you sisters :confused: ) help me out....after all I am a mechanical engineering major not an english or writing major :ermm: . With the dipping into the DC I felt like that would be a good way of explaining some of his rules like the feel no pain (correct me if im wrong) or his unyielding will.

Thanks again for the help and keep it coming please.

Brother Excedis

Archived