Lords of the Angels

I have a very large Blood Angels force for Apocalypse and I like the MotC formation but with Dante being the Chapter Master and one of his abilities centering around Deepstriking the Master of Recruits giving Surgical Raids is useless. So I decided to write a BA specific one. I'd post it up but unfortunately I can't figure out how to post a PDF so any help would be much appreciated. I could email it thought if anybody is interested in the meantime.

-Samirus

It says that to be used the asset given by each master can only be used if the master is deployed and the Chapter Master is joined with the same unit. Surgical Raids is done after deployment but before the game starts. If Dante is in reserve it can't be used. The only way to do it is to start the game with Dante and the Master of Recruits as part of the same unit. Useless I guess is the wrong word for it. Its more or less inconvenient if you intend for the Chapter Master to Deepstrike.

The rest of the formation can work fine however I was feeling creative so I reworked the formation to reflect the difference in organization between Codex and the Blood Angels.

-Samirus

looks pretty good, nothing too OP in there which a lot of people seem to do in their apocalypse data-sheets

the only thing i can see that i don't like is the guys-special rule where he deploys D3 units. in an apocalypse game where you can spend well over 1000 pts on 5 models then redeploying 3 units isn't going to make that much of a difference, its a it useless really.

I actually made the rules for the Lords themselves to be used as HQ choices in friendly games of regular 40k as well as Apocalypse. You'll notice that Borgio's ability is completely useless in Apocalypse while Dante is joined to the unit as the entire army can do it. I've also been working on rules for Karlaen and Sepharan as well as a special treat for the Blood Angels community that I'll post when they're all finished.

-Samirus

If you like i have rules for sepheran. If you would lke to use them, feel free.

. Sepharan, captain of the sanguinary guard.

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

Sepharan 5 4 4 4 2 5 3 10 2+

Unit Composition: 1 (Unique)

Unit Type: jump Infantry

War Gear: artificer Armor; Herald’s Blade; angelus bolter, death mask, frag and krak grenades, jump pack; iron halo

special rules: fearless; descent of angels; herald of sanguinis, Blood glaive, Mask of Azkaellon.

Herald of sanguinis: he is an upgrade to a squad equipped with death masks for 75 points. if he is the last member of his squad, he becomes an independent character. He may carry the chapter banner for 30 points if no honor guard units are equipped with one. If Sepharan is in your army, no other sanguinary guard member may carry it. He my instead take the banner of Sanguinis, which in addition to being a chapter banner, adds d3 to the squads attack on the charge instead of one for 45 points

Herald’s blade: this glaive encarmine adds one to the wielders strength, and allows to rerole one dice to wound.

Mask of Azkaellon: This dearth mask doubles what the he and his unit wins the assault by.

I came up with some very similar rules for him.

Sepharan - Exalted Herald of Sanguinius.....................90 Points

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

5 4 4 4 2 5 3 10 2+

Wargear:

Artificer Armour

Jump Pack

Amareo Axe

Shield of Azkaellon

Death Mask

Frag and Krak grenades

Exalted Herald of Sanguinius:

One unit of Sanguinary Guard may upgrade one model in the unit to be Brother Sepharan. One other model in a unit that Sepharan is purchased for must carry a Chapter Banner, this however is a unique banner that bears the heraldry of Sanguinius himself and as such does not count against the number of Chapter Banners that may be included in the army. If the model bearing the banner is removed as a casualty all Blood Angel units in play will be subject to the Rage special rule.

Amareo Axe:

This Axe once wielded by Chapter Master Amareo was forged of a unique metal found on Baal that has proven to be incredibly potent against warp spawn.

The Amareo Axe is a Glaive Encarmine that wounds Daemons on a roll of 2+. Successful invulnerable saves taken against wounds caused by the Axe of Amareo must be re-rolled. The Amareo Axe also incorporates a set of Digital weapons and can re-roll one failed to wound roll in each assault phase.

Shield of Azkaellon:

A relic from before the Heresy, this shield was carried by the personal bodyguard of the Primarch himself and has been passed to all Heralds of Sanguinius.

The Shield of Azkaellon is a Storm Shield. Additionally Sepharan's unit including Sepharan himself and any Independent Characters joined to it will be subject to the Furious Charge and Feel No Pain special rules.

-Samirus

Archived