'Nids Vs Marines Diorama

So I've just blagged myself a cheap box of hormagaunts, and I'm going to set out making my first diorama as soon as it arrives.. So I'm picturing a tightly packed gaunt swarm and potentially a single astartes holding his own. I'm thinking of trying a different chapter to my usual Raven Guard, so any particular stand-off's come to mind? I'm also tempted to put a few IG being cut down in it too, perhaps to illustrate how deadly the nids are to 'normal' men in contrast to the marine. To help bring out that I'm also tempted to try out my first true scale..

Any thoughts?

Tie his standoff/showdown into the base/surrounding area somehow is my advice.

This could take the form of him being backed up against a ruined wall, almost about to be overrun by the bugs etc etc.

Scythes of the Emperor all the way. If you want to go all out, build a small cliff face, where the hormagaunts are scaling up to reach that lone marine at the edge, and have him blasting them away as they crest. It would be a lovely tribute to the Giant's Coffin engagement.

Holy crap that is extreme dedication. 13 years...

You've made a good choice (potentially). They were the original 'nid hunters*, so if that's the chapter you choose it doesn't seem out of place.

------------edit-----------------

Speculation. In IA, chaplain Cassius calls in a SotE to help convince Megafists Calgar to form the Tyranid Hunters group.

Archived