Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought

DreadLift

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab3/joenortonjones/contemptor11.jpg

I think we can all agree this is a nice model :). Being Blood angels players too the possibilities of conversions are very broad considering the different types of dreads we have available in our codex, It does also come with its own rules but to me the model looks a bit pricey points wise. However it would make a kick ass DC Dread or Furioso, Maybe even a libby.

What do you guys think ?

FW had this on the drawing board, and GW churn out the Dreadknight/termie in diapers... go figure!

Exactly, FW didn't want other marine players feeling silly when comparing the ornate, striding Dreadknight with their own stumpy box-like Dreads. While the Contemptor may not have the mass firepower or psychic prowess of their daemon-slaying cousins, I personally think it looks far better than it's skeletal counterpart.

Anyone else reminded of the ABC warriors from 2000AD. I like the way the CC arm is able to be built on the left or right side. The storm bolter in the palm is very cool too.

YES!! That's what I was thinking! ABC Warriors from 2000AD comics.

I'll have to get me one of these. I love dreadnoughts. I have 6 and also have a DreadKnight.

Why is everyone so excited about this thing? ^^

To be honest I think he is pretty ugly.

Because they don't think he is pretty ugly?

I think it looks awesome. Plus it has a nice retro feel, while still looking like it fits in with 'modern' 40k tech. The only thing that bothers me is that it seems like you have to buy the arms seperately.

I think it's interesting that the more we progress in 40k the more we see GW and FW "introducing" models from RT and 1ed. This looks like the original dreaddie stretched, and much like the thunderfire cannon, and the new master of the ravenwing bike harkins back to earlier models. He's cool solely because you can build a modern detailed preheresy army.

RHINO RUSH! it's what all the cool kids are doing.

Looks like an oil canister to me... too round, like a penguin.

However, I'm with Volcatus. The stormbolter placement is awesome. I envision this thing picking up and ork by it's head with his legs kicking, while the dreadnought unleashes bolter fury into his green bald head. HAHA! Awesome...

Nah, man, I agree. I dunno, I just can't get into this thing. I wouldn't call it "ugly"... it's just too retro or something. Looks out of place. I don't hate it. Just not crazy about it.

Nah, man, I agree. I dunno, I just can't get into this thing. I wouldn't call it "ugly"... it's just too retro or something. Looks out of place. I don't hate it. Just not crazy about it.

The problem for me is, that the torso is just too small to represent what a dreadnought should be. A sarcophagus for an honorable veteran.

Considering the thickness of the armour plates I can't see how the corpse would fit in there.

Further it just looks more like a pure robot.

The problem for me is, that the torso is just too small to represent what a dreadnought should be. A sarcophagus for an honorable veteran.

Considering the thickness of the armour plates I can't see how the corpse would fit in there.

When you compare the normal style dread here http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product...ontemptor16.jpg

You can see there's actually more space than the normal style dread

I do actually like this model the only problem is that it doesn't fit with my army fluff wise. I would have to collect a first or second founding chapter for me to have one, failing that it would have to be an exceptional cicumstance but still difficult to make it sound good.

When you compare the normal style dread here http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product...ontemptor16.jpg

You can see there's actually more space than the normal style dread

Well.... I was assuming they are equal in size.

Nevertheless it looks to much like a regular robot for me. But I like him better then the Dreadknight.... F***in' ugly bastard. ^^

Archived