Attacks Question

Ash

I made an insane BA assault squad list up for laughs and giggles then thought well it might just be something I would consider using

Dante running with Sanguinary Guard, Epistolary, Chaplain, and Sanguinary Priest all on the charge.

I would not mind doing this with an honour guard list either.

Dante on the charge would have I7, WS6, S7 S5, x 6 attacks all rerolls to hit and force re-rolls of successful invulnerable saves

Epistolary I5 WS5, S5, x 4 force weapon attacks with rerolls to hit, if sword goes off thats 4x S10 force weapon hits

Chaplain PF, I1 WS5, S9, x 5 power fist attacks with rerolls to hit

Sanguinary Guard (4 of them) I5 WS4, S5, x 16 power weapon attacks rerolls to hit

Sanguinary Guard (1) I1, WS4 S9x 4 power fist attacks with rerolls to hit

All on FNP and FC with rerolls I have not figure dout what the epistolary will roll apart from sword it seems rage is redundant with the chaplain in there.

Have I got the strength of the attacks correct with the FC buff on the power weapons and epistolaries standard force weapon strength I know the max is S10 ?

Sorry if its the wrong place to ask, no-one else where I am plays BA and there is no nearby FLGS

Has anyone actually taken this setup and used it, how did it go.

I know its not optimal but its the models I have ready to use and I thought why not?

Edited to correct Dantes's attacks :)

I made an insane BA assault squad list up for laughs and giggles then thought well it might just be something I would consider using

Dante running with Sanguinary Guard, Epistolary, Chaplain, and Sanguinary Priest all on the charge.

I would not mind doing this with an honour guard list either.

Dante on the charge would have I7, WS6, S7, x 6 attacks all rerolls to hit and force re-rolls of successful invulnerable saves

Epistolary I5 WS5, S5, x 4 force weapon attacks with rerolls to hit, if sword goes off thats 4x S10 force weapon hits

Chaplain PF, I1 WS5, S9, x 5 power fist attacks with rerolls to hit

Sanguinary Guard (4 of them) I5 WS4, S5, x 16 power weapon attacks rerolls to hit

Sanguinary Guard (1) I1, WS4 S9x 4 power fist attacks with rerolls to hit

All on FNP and FC with rerolls I have not figure dout what the epistolary will roll apart from sword it seems rage is redundant with the chaplain in there.

Have I got the strength of the attacks correct with the FC buff on the power weapons and epistolaries standard force weapon strength I know the max is S10 ?

Sorry if its the wrong place to ask, no-one else where I am plays BA and there is no nearby FLGS

Has anyone actually taken this setup and used it, how did it go.

I know its not optimal but its the models I have ready to use and I thought why not?

Dante only has S4. S5 on the charge. Also, you're confusing the forced rerolls that Astorath gives. (And Astorath on the charge is only S6)

Ask BO though, he rocks a super-friends list similar to this set up!

I might instead use an honour guard with 3 LC and SS, and 1 TH and SS, with a chapter banner instead of the Sanguinary Guard. This way you get 4 guys with 3++ and you don't need to burn 2 Elite slots with the SG and SP. Especially if you did confuse Dante and Astoroth. Though still having all your eggs in one basket isn't a good idea most of the time.

-Samirus

The Chaplain is largely wasted due to the majority of models having master crafted weaponry. I would drop the fist from the SG as well, unless you're running an all SG army. Since the squad size is small, you need to dish out as much pain at I level as possible.

Dante + SG + Priest is usually enough to wreck any unit that doesn't have a lot of invulnerable save or higher initiative. With that in mind, they really are best used to "wry havoc" through enemy infantry. If you're looking for a unit that is designed to go toe-to-toe with "real" CC units, the HG that Samirus suggested is the way to go.

Archived