Bad A$$ Space Marine Conversions

IMG_5321.JPG

I love Space Marines, I think the fluff is awesome, I think the models, to a degree, are awesome, and I love painting and converting them...So when I set out to build my Imperial Fist army, I decided that I really wanted to take my time and make each marine as unique as possible. In addition I have been reading a lot of the 40k battle books, and though it does not translate so well sometimes in the game, Space Marines are freakin uber!!

So the decision was made to try and make my marines look "bad ass" I know when you see the title to the post you might be thinking that I am implying that these are "bad ass" marine conversions, but that is not what I am leading to at all, in fact I think in some ways my conversion skills are sub-par at best....the conversions I am talking about here are conversions that make marines look "bad ass", as opposed to the Space Marine "two-step"....lean to left, lean to the right...

So in the end my goal is to build the entire Imperial Fist 5th company, and to make each tactical marine, and maybe the others :tu: uniquie in some way, something that can contribute to the "bad ass-ness" of their appearance.

Feel free to check out my Imperial Fist album, it has more pictures there of other conversions in various stages of build. In case your wondering too, the bases are resin bases from Base Contacts, tell him Ashton sent you when you order your stuff from him!

So, what Bad A$$ conversions do you have? Lets see em!

Link to album;

https://picasaweb.google.com/RedModeling/Im...Nrn3ou_mLiOjAE#

Ashton

My favorite is the guy in your album in Mk VIII running with the twin bolt pistols.

Agreed, he's my fav as well.

What are you using for the studs in the armor plates? Cause I've been looking around for stuff to use for that, but not succeeding.

looking good ;)

having a poke thru your gallery i came across this gem

IMG_4574.JPG

THAT is exactly what i want to do for my LR's, the whole PH w/modern weapons. do you have any plans for the sponsons you could pass on plz?

DM

@janitor101--The studs are 1mm stainless steel ball bearings. I bought them from vxb.com Then I purchased a 1mm drill bit for my pin vise and went to work.

@Dominar Mortis--Nope no plans, just cut and measure...

Ashton

Awesome work brother! Definitely screams "bad-ass" to me. I'm currently attempting the same thing after I re-discovered my old bitz box full of marine goodies, but of course yours are just so much better B)

Well lets see some of them!

Ashton

Archived