Vharings 3rd Co / Blood Angels Proj

vharing

I have been meaning to make a of log of my 3rd Company project I am working on. So far is has been started but I havent had much time to work on it. To complete I have to make

Tycho

Tycho's honour guard

6 tactical squads with rhino/ razorbacks

2 assault squads

2 devastator squads with rhino/ razorbacks

4 dreadnoughts

This will be in keeps with the list near the front of the BA codex.

So far I have tactical squads 5 and 6, assault squad 7 and two dreadnoughts done. I still need to finish the rhino for 6th squad.

DSCF1758.jpg

DSCF1759.jpg

I will keep posting pictures when able.

I have also been working on my veteran vanguard squad. So far I have serg with PW/ GE, 2 marines with PP/CCW, 2 marines with PW/ BP. These are all out of the vanguard box set. I have kitbashed 2 with lightning claws, and now I am working on 3 marines with PF/SS. Here are the first 2.

DSCF1755.jpg

I love this one because it looks like he is about to one a can of whoop-a** so some poor ork.

DSCF1756.jpg

This one looks like he is pointing at the next foe to be smited.

DSCF1757.jpg

Cant wait to start painting these two. For more stuff about my army check out my blog.

After a week of doing nothing hobby related I have gotten this far.

DSCF1841.jpg

The two veteran have been base coated and, foundation coated and the first red coat is on them. I think another coat of red and then the red ink and I will be set to start on the rest of them. The other guys in the picture are of my second DC squad I have in the works. The first one I made is armed with BP/CCW, after reading stuff on the internet I saw that bolters are really good on them and so I started making another squad. I am making trying to use up old DC models I still had left over.

• 4 weeks later...
So I finally got all my stuff in to make kitbash Tycho and his honour guard. I have all the pieces set aside for Tycho, and I am going to make two of my honour guard with LCs. The other two I will be giving a storm shield to but I cant decide if I will give them power fists of melta guns. One of them is also going to be carrying the chapter banner, and I am not running the unit with a company champion.. This is more of a fluff thing than a making the unit more or less effective. Just figured I would see what you guys thought. Should have pics of the kitbashed Tycho tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I made more progress on both Tycho and the terminator sergeant this weekend. Tycho in fast is almost done. I just have to finish his banner and base him. The basing part may take some time though, as I need to round up some ork bitz to put of his base. I am only going to post a few of the pictures up on here, but for the full load please got to my blog Blood And Pain. I will be updating it almost every day this week with progress and it is faster for me to upload large amounts of pictures on there.

My first offering is of the almost finished Tycho, sprinting forward to kill another ork. I am thinking of adding some blood splatters to him and adding some gore dripping from his fist.

DSCF1985.jpg

And the terminator sergeant.

DSCF1987.jpg

I finished my kit bashed Tycho tonight. Almost didnt from playing the Space Marine demo though. I am really bad at free hand work right now, his banner will atest to that. Once I figure out how to make blood drops I plan on adding some blood and gore dripping from his hand. I am also planning of buying a box of ork boyz to decorate his, and other 3rd company members, bases. What do you guys think?

DSCF1997.jpgDSCF2001.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally finished the other four TH/SS termies. Video game releases got in the way, coupled with a lack of motivation. Here they are.

DSCF2039.jpg

I do plan of naming them at some point, but for now battle brother #X will have to do.

Battle Brother #1 preparing to strike down an enemy.

DSCF2040.jpg

Battle Brother #2 informing the squad there are targets that way.

DSCF2043.jpg

Battle Brother #3 preparing to dispense the Emperors might.

DSCF2041.jpg

Battle Brother #4 blocking a blow with his storm shield.

DSCF2042.jpg

Now I just have five lightning claw guys and the squad is done.

Archived