My Growing Raven Guard Army

This will be a cataloging of my army as it grows and is painted. More pics will come, and I will try to update regularly.

First I have my first Tactical Marine and Epistolary.

gallery_45531_6279_30970.jpg

I have not placed my FW order yet, to include the decal sheet. Fear not my brothers, they will all be getting chapter icons on their shoulders.

Painted two more today. Feeling quite productive.

gallery_45531_6279_64691.jpg

I have to give credit to my girlfriend though, she painted the Epistolary. She's doing a few characters for me to add to her commission portfolio. Not that I mind at all, she's a great painter!

EDIT: Here are two more angles on the Epistolary. For some reason they kept uploading as a solid black image. I had to upload these five times. XD

gallery_45531_6279_6514.jpg

gallery_45531_6279_5729.jpg

Decent start. Wish my missus would start painting for me, I hate doing it, so boring.

3 things I'd suggest.

The grenade marine, the pistol grip is missing from his bolter.

The highlights are a little messy (don't mean for that to sound harsh, just couldn't think of a better word), mebbe try a darker highlight, that way it won't be so obvious if you slip up a bit. I'd probably then give it a black wash. Mebbe earth brown for the legs.

The white eyes don't do it for me. Try green (like the veteran), with a spot of scorpion green in the edge.

Don't mean to sound harsh, like I said, it's a decent start, but why stop there? Make them good, then great.

The highlights are a little messy (don't mean for that to sound harsh, just couldn't think of a better word)

I hate doing it, so boring.

Mostly this.

You made me double check the grenade marine, lol. His bolter grip is there, but is also black. I really believed it wasn't there after reading your comment and checking the picture. Haha.

I only get enough time each week to really paint maybe two or three marines at this level of quality, and I want to finish my RG army. Maybe when they're all tabletop level, I can put in some extra time, but I really want to have a fully painted force first.

I know that's lazy and a cop-out, but I've spent 7 hours per Blood Crusher painting, and it kinda sucks.

I rushed through 4 Tactical Marines the other day. I know I shouldn't rush, I'm just really anxious to get a painted force on the table.

I ordered 2 Drop Pods, 3 Scout Bikes, and an Assault Squad today. Hopefully I can pick them up next Wednesday from the local GW. I will give a more detailed step-by-step on building the drop pods. I have a secret plan for them that may make things very easy to paint. Wish me luck.

So here you can see I have finished base-coating my four marines.

gallery_45531_6279_53.jpg

Then I forgot to take any pictures until I was done. So ta-da! They look okay.

gallery_45531_6279_17903.jpg

I took this photo with the intention of showing the next two guys to finish this squad, then I realized I didn't do a plasma gun yet! I need to get more focused, haha.

gallery_45531_6279_5154.jpg

The first squad is almost done! I'm a slow, bad painter who rushes (but is still slow) and is impatient, so I feel pretty good about actually getting 9 models finished.

gallery_45531_6279_37170.jpg

Well, I hope this entertains someone! Fight the good fight Battle Brothers.

Archived