Grey Knight Grand Master

Kay

So, i had a moment of inspiration today, so i picked my brand new finecast Stern that i was saving to build me a librarian, and came up with this guy:

gallery_24098_6280_510593.jpg

gallery_24098_6280_943541.jpg

I'm not really sure what to think about him. On one side, i like his pose, his character. On the other side, i feel he is a bit too... "cartoonish" maybe is the sword, i dont really know...

What do you guys think of him?

Fire at will!

Thanks buddies!

I like it. You could use him as a 'counts as' model. Whack some paint on him - he'll look better in your eyes once the primer goes on, I promise! :P

not at all. while i dont see any major difference between the metal one and the resin one regarding quality, i am aware that i would have been unable to make this conversion without the resin model.

The quality is not as "oh my god!!!" as GW pretends us to think (ok, MAYBE is a bit better, but thats it...) but working with resin is much much easier than working with metal imho. I had no mistcast, no bubbles and no bent parts. Cleaning up the model was piece of cake, just a few mold residues here and there, mostly on the sword (mold residue is what i call that thin layer of resin you can find on most finecast models, regarding mold LINES, i found none, or almost none)

The details are not better. The miniature is not better scpult or such things. It is just that maybe resin is a thinner material, and it fills the mold more nicely. Maybe the edges are sharper, and maybe the details are more remarkables, but not as much as the say on their publicity.

Cutting and carving through it is a pleasure, and the glueing is much easier and solid than it was with metal. The price rise is an issue, yes. But i gladly pay those extra 2euros for the pleasure of working with it.

Okay, I'm not such a fan of the current Grey Knight models and I always thought the stern model looked dorky. But THAT is an awesome Grand Master. He just looks like he's saying... no not even saying. He's displaying to a daemon "Hey, daemon. Get over and get :o slapped! No? fine then I'll come over there and :D slap you there!"

I've been waiting to see some conversions for a Grey Knight Grandmaster and this introduced some interesting ideas. I think your model looks great!

How big is your model in relation to other models? The Stern model always appeared a little small to me, but I'm not sure.

Also something else I have to put out there, this is a very expensive conversion. Stern and Draco are like $39 in Australia.... unbelievable to pay that much for such a small amount of resin.

First of all for your kind responses. I really appreciate all of them.

This is a closeup of the head, from a different angle:

gallery_24098_6280_63936.jpg

This is a size comparison with a regular termi. Now that you mention it, yes, it seems like Stern is slightly smaller... I'll try to change the left arm for a new termi left arm, to see if it changes anything:

gallery_24098_6280_561638.jpg

Size compared with my "Thawn" Justicar. With this one, it seems like they are more in proportion. The GM seems a bit taller but it is due to the base, but on the overall I THINK they fit just fine...

gallery_24098_6280_71775.jpg

And lastly, this is (was) my previous GM. He was in a ort of steady position, half steady, half defying... i think i was not able to catch the expression xD

Wich one u like the most?

gallery_24098_6280_110689.jpg

Once again, thank all of you for your nice comments

Archived