IS Abaddon worth it in any non-apoc list?

Just as the topic says, is he really viable in any non-apoc lists? I mean, he is a power house to be sure, what with a ST8 at Int6 and +D6 atacks but for 5 points more you can roll with 2 Daemon Princes with wings and the Mark of Khorne. I have run him before and he just doesnt seem worth the trouble VS the cost unless were playing Apoc then u might as well cause his cost is just a drop in the bucket at that point. What do u all think?

At the moment i run the following

Abbadon

full unit of 1ksons

full unit of 1ksons and Rhino

7 plague marines rhino (2 meltas fist)

3 oblits

landraider

all at 1750. So far it has worked fairly well. The enemy usualy shoot the raider while i drive it up the middle, 2 rhinos pincer where possible and oblits target high threat stuff. It is not a competitive list but got bored of running 2 DPs, plague marines and oblits.

The biggest advantage of abaddon over a DP is his ability to ride in a LR. Once you're at a higher point game, you might want to run abby and a DP instead of the compulsory 2 DP at medium sized games. However, with some planning, I've seen him used at tournament sized (1750-1850) games and while not the most competitive of options, its far from game breaking. You can do much worse with other options. However, unless you're already paying for an expensive transport and a deathstar unit to attach him to, a DP is just so much more versatile. (PS a workable option is Abby with a barebones khorne berzerker squad, with perhaps a power weapon in there as a scoring deathstar in a LR)

I have a personal hatred for Abaddon, and therefore never use him, (when your first 3 experiences of him result in him rolling a 1 for his Daemon Weapon, being picked out of a Zerker squad by 5 'stealers and a broodlord because of his much larger base, getting him swamped in High I attacks, and him failing to make it into assault because he's so large I had to deploy half the Zerkers on the sides of the Raider, where they were then forced to take diff terrain and failing, that tends to sour your experience.) he can be decent in 2K and up, or so I'm told.

Archived