Force Dome and Deep Striking

Agrab

Good morning all, I apologize for my sudden influx of topics (3), all were brought up within a week..

My first question is pretty straight forward. If I drop pod (or deep strike) a librarian in, can it still use Force Dome that turn? I believe that is can't, as FD requires "at the start of movement" and deep strike occurs at the same time. Am I correct in this view, or can I actually get an invlun the first turn?

I believe the common consensus is that you cant FD on the turn you arrive from reserves (DS outflank etc).

Thought the counter argument is "this power is used at the start of the Librarian's Movement phase."

but as this is not clearly defined most people ignore it or use it as a reference to the controlling players movement phase.

so unless the librarian gets his own mini-movement phase as you move him it is to late to use the power as reserve rolls hapen as the first action of the movement phase BRB p94 "rolling for reserves"

the 4th last FAQ Q of page 6 for the BRB has a closely worded question but not quite the same.

Top of the turn ordering is ambiguous; if they happen simultaneously it's fine...but nothing in the game is simultaneous, so which comes first?

I would allow it, personally. It's only a 5++ and takes a psychic test. On the other hand, Deployment of Reserves pretty strictly happens before anything else, but it can't happen until the movement phase has begun (when the test must happen). So Timmy may be right.

I dont have the eldar codex on me. But I believe all the Eldar powers Specify at the start of the eldar player's turn. Which is the only case I know of powers not being usable before arriving?

I would have to double check.

No you cannot use it the turn you arrive, and the same goes for any other unit doing something similar:

Q: If a unit is in reserve, and it has an ability that

occurs at the start of a turn can they use that ability on

the turn they arrive? (p94)

A: No. Unless specifically stated otherwise.

BRB FAQ p.6

Is start of the movement phase the same as start of the turn?

Not really...but the BRB doesn't currently distinguish between them. If there's a moment between your opponent's assault phase and your consideration of movement, that's the moment. :sweat: There are a few psychic powers which are "start of turn" and you change the What Turn Is It Dial at the same time you can cast those.

Is start of the movement phase the same as start of the turn?

Not really...but the BRB doesn't currently distinguish between them. If there's a moment between your opponent's assault phase and your consideration of movement, that's the moment. :sweat: There are a few psychic powers which are "start of turn" and you change the What Turn Is It Dial at the same time you can cast those.

I suppose thats my point though. The FAQ specifically deals with the start of the turn which would be that funny little moment that doesnt entirely exist? Which would be how I would look at it really.

Archived